Link: Coaches hot seat ranking - Coach Saban #14

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
He has Bo Pelini behind Nick Saban. Ha, ha, ha! Right... What a waste of perfectly good electrons that website is.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've been surfing the internet for the better part of 20 years now and I can safely say that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anywhere on the web.

Literally.

I'm speechless. I am without speech.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I agree with everybody else, it's ridiculous to say Saban's on the hot seat.

The reason that seems so silly is that it's so hard to imagine Saban's team not consistently finishing in the top five teams. We expect that so strongly that if we miss a year finishing at number one it's considered by many to be an off year.

Now imagine we have a few key injuries or never find a kicker who can deliver points. We drop three games this season. Saban vows to correct the ship, but the following year we miss the trip to Atlanta again, and don't win any trophies. A second year with three losses is considered a disaster, and the grumbling starts...he isn't paid 7 million to not win titles.

OK, the writer of the article is nuts. But I'm suggesting the job at Alabama has the ability to become a hot seat faster than just about anywhere. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, but do I think it's a fact. Two consecutive 9-3 seasons will get the coach a raise at lots of places...at Bama it will put him on a seat that is definately warming up.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
http://coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Really, Nick at #14. I guess everyone is trying the Finebaum method to ratings and attention. There is no way this guy really believes Nick is that close to losing his job.

Uhm if coach Saban were on a hot seat, it's because his butt is the fire. It's not Coach Saban on the hot seat, it's Alabama. He could leave us any time he wanted too. The University will never fire our coach.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I do not know if his seat is hot or cold. But I am sure that it exactly the temperature that he wants it to be. And if is not, Bill Battle will re-adjust the thermostat personally to ensure that it is perfect.

Jeez Louise….

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I agree with everybody else, it's ridiculous to say Saban's on the hot seat.

The reason that seems so silly is that it's so hard to imagine Saban's team not consistently finishing in the top five teams. We expect that so strongly that if we miss a year finishing at number one it's considered by many to be an off year.

Now imagine we have a few key injuries or never find a kicker who can deliver points. We drop three games this season. Saban vows to correct the ship, but the following year we miss the trip to Atlanta again, and don't win any trophies. A second year with three losses is considered a disaster, and the grumbling starts...he isn't paid 7 million to not win titles.

OK, the writer of the article is nuts. But I'm suggesting the job at Alabama has the ability to become a hot seat faster than just about anywhere. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing, but do I think it's a fact. Two consecutive 9-3 seasons will get the coach a raise at lots of places...at Bama it will put him on a seat that is definately warming up.
I understand what you are saying, Bama fans are demanding. But I think With Shula, our fan base showed great patience. I know Nick fed the beast and now it is Ginormous, but given all the accomplishments and contributions to the program that it would more than the scenario you described before Nick would be fired. More importantly, this list is updated week to week and any losing Scenario would be reflected in those rankings. This website is basically saying Nick is in trouble now, which is ridiculous .

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Wow; that is a ton of dumb; you ought to send the guy a note if he is the dumbest of all time; that isn't easy to accomplish.
I've been surfing the internet for the better part of 20 years now and I can safely say that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anywhere on the web.

Literally.

I'm speechless. I am without speech.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.