In honor of Robin Williams: favorite movie of his

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Fisher King was the first time his acting blew me away. Sure he was always funny in his HBO Specials and comedic roles but that movie is still one of my favorites. Good Will Hunting as well.

From a comic perspective, Rainbow Randolph in Death to Smoochy is hard to beat as a favorite character

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Good Morning Vietnam epitomized Robin William's career and life. Hilariously funny and irreverent one minute, deeply moving the next. A forced smile and joke to make others laugh, followed by more irreverent hilarity. I just wish he'd found one more person yesterday to make laugh.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
The awesome thing about Robin Williams is that it's hard to compare his movies because of the breadth of characters he played. His variety is greater than about anyone else I can think of - I mean, he played Mrs. Doubtfire and John Keating. Peter Pan and Sean Maguire (Good Will Hunting). He voiced the genie in Aladdin. Such variety there. But he was almost always a character you felt sympathy for.

Good Will Hunting is definitely my favorite. I get chill bumps every time I see it. Dead Poets Society and Awakenings are both right behind.

Good Morning, Vietnam was awesome but in a totally different way. He was outstanding in Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Patch Adams to me was one of his finest. One Hour Photo showed the true depth of his acting talent, that one and the Stephen King movie he did (I can't remember the name), not just his comedic side.

edit: insomnia was the SK movie.
Insomnia was not based on Stephen King's book. It was an English version of a Norwegian film.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My favorite scene ever is the delivery scene in 9 Months - with Hugh Grant and Julianne Moore.....

Williams is an Eastern European Doctor who doesn't have a grasp of the language........I'd link it, but there may be a couple of salty words.... but if you aren't familiar with it, youtube it..... just search "nine months clip" it's about 4 minutes and classic Robin Williams.....

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I'd wager he ad libbed a fair amount in GWH. A great performance.
The line about his wife farting was improvised and Matt Damon was genuinely speachless with laughter for several seconds. If you look closely, you can see the camera shaking. The camera man was cracking up, too.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have always heard the when Williams was doing the voice of the Genie there is several takes not used because they were too blue. They kept having to remind him it was Disney.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
One of my favs (I know I'll get some flack and I don't care)...saw it at the Martin Twin in Cullman back when I was growing up. I always thought the "live action" take on it was cool.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.