Tuesday, August 12 Practice Updates

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
-- The kickers and punters spent part of today's viewing period kicking around a soccer ball.
should probably be practicing Field goals in my opinion, not kicking a soccer ball around.. :mad2:

But what do I know? :confused:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
should probably be practicing Field goals in my opinion, not kicking a soccer ball around.. :mad2:

But what do I know? :confused:
Some of the best kickers I've seen also played soccer. From what I've heard and read, that's common practice for kickers.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Some of the best kickers I've seen also played soccer. From what I've heard and read, that's common practice for kickers.
Oh absolutely, and it would be foolish to try and suggest that soccer players don't make good kickers. But dribbling a soccer ball during football practice seems like wasting time considering we could have been in the SEC Title game against Mizzou if we made that field goal.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Landon got some excellent praise from coach in his interview!

Overall, it sounds like the DB's are going to be much improved this year. They're developing guys at multiple positions so there will be much greater flexibility in the secondary this year. I'm excited.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Oh absolutely, and it would be foolish to try and suggest that soccer players don't make good kickers. But dribbling a soccer ball during football practice seems like wasting time considering we could have been in the SEC Title game against Mizzou if we made that field goal.
i would think it would lead to good foot and leg dexterity

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Landon got some excellent praise from coach in his interview!

Overall, it sounds like the DB's are going to be much improved this year. They're developing guys at multiple positions so there will be much greater flexibility in the secondary this year. I'm excited.
Honestly they had only one way to go but with youth and injury it couldn't really be helped.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Or it could be a way to keep legs loose and moving. I'm sure CNS has just accidentally overlooked that area of the team an doesn't really care about what they do in practice. (Roll Eyes)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Thanks, as always, '91.

Can't remember the last time I heard Dee Liner's name.

Can anyone w a close pulse on the program help?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
It's also all that the media could see.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks, as always, '91.

Can't remember the last time I heard Dee Liner's name.

Can anyone w a close pulse on the program help?
He's been in the second set of DL while Ivory and Reed were out according to another Bama site.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I can see the soccer ball helping with their kick.
Yeah...I know that javelin throwers spend a good amount of time throwing footballs and baseballs to keep their arms loose and to work on shoulder flexibility. It's similar to a basketball player...you can't just practice free throws all day, everyday if you want to be a great shooter.

Plus like someone else said...it may have been all the media saw during their brief time watching practice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.