and the beat goes on - jawjuh's annual pool party

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
At the beginning of each Georgia football practice, head coach Mark Richt tells his players that he wants not a good day from them, but a great one. But on Tuesday when it came time for the team to finish his sentence with “…great day,” Richt called a welcomed audible.
“He was like, ‘No. I want to go to Ramsey!’” said freshman outside linebacker Keyon Brown.
linky

something about the definition of insanity being continuing to do the same while expecting different results.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and they get really mad when you say things to them like, "don't you think it would be better if they skipped the pool and worked on clock management?"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If one afternoon in the pool instead of practicing hurts them, they really didn't have a shot to begin with. Each school is only allowed a certain number of practices, and Georgia will get them all in.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If one afternoon in the pool instead of practicing hurts them, they really didn't have a shot to begin with. Each school is only allowed a certain number of practices, and Georgia will get them all in.
this counts as one of those allotted practices

UGA always falls just short as they are fond of saying "we were 5 yards from a national championship"

so yeah instead of the pool a few hours on learning how to handle the last few seconds of a game, say in an SEC Championship, rather than give their vain HC another chance to show how great of a guy he is and get his picture taken without a shirt could make all the difference in the world.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this counts as one of those allotted practices

UGA always falls just short as they are fond of saying "we were 5 yards from a national championship"

so yeah instead of the pool a few hours on learning how to handle the last few seconds of a game, say in an SEC Championship, rather than give their vain HC another chance to show how great of a guy he is and get his picture taken without a shirt could make all the difference in the world.
i notice that there is always a picture of him doing his flip in every ajc article about this. i guess the power's that be at jawjuh don't have a problem doling out the big bucks for a yearly triple-lindy

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
i notice that there is always a picture of him doing his flip in every ajc article about this. i guess the power's that be at jawjuh don't have a problem doling out the big bucks for a yearly triple-lindy
There was only one man who could pull that off, and he's dead. No respect I tell ya.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Big Brother Richt also did away with two-a-days one year. Granted, there's more than one way to skin a cat. But at Georgia each year, you end up with a dead cat, the longest rap sheet and most penalties in the SEC, and at least two inexplicable losses.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
My response to this may be apples to oranges, but look at the difference between gold and silver medalists at the Olympics. Sometimes it comes down to thousandths of a second.

UGA keeps coming close. Very close. A botched catch on the 5 yard line. Swatting a ball up instead of spiking it down. If you are willing to forego the rigors of what limited practice time you have, you are accepting 'close' as good enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.