SI makes their picks for the first four team playoff....what about you?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Last year I sold my home in Orlando. Advertised it as being an ocean front property. Have no idea why no one believed that.
Ok, I post a published quote and that is your best response? I take it you are just trying to bait an argument.

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I hate to regurgitate old news but there is no way to even predict the final 4 this year. First we have no idea if it will be the best 4 or let's spread the love with conference champs, and by the way we have to leave one of them out. Therefore, we don't even know the rules. I bet someone is going to continue reporting standings using the BCS formula for comparison sake, and I bet the 2 will be pretty different. That in mind my best 4 - Mich St, Oklahoma, Alabama, S Carolina. Playoff - FL St, Ok, UCLA, winner Bama & SC even if the winner is 2 loss and loser suffers first loss.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hate to regurgitate old news but there is no way to even predict the final 4 this year. First we have no idea if it will be the best 4 or let's spread the love with conference champs, and by the way we have to leave one of them out. Therefore, we don't even know the rules. I bet someone is going to continue reporting standings using the BCS formula for comparison sake, and I bet the 2 will be pretty different. That in mind my best 4 - Mich St, Oklahoma, Alabama, S Carolina. Playoff - FL St, Ok, UCLA, winner Bama & SC even if the winner is 2 loss and loser suffers first loss.
In the end, greed will win out. Disappoint the fans with "fluff" instead of substance in the playoffs and college football becomes less profitable. These committee members know this, and they will be reminded of it over and over again. This is their chance to make football better. I expect a sincere effort to do so.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
In the end, greed will win out. Disappoint the fans with "fluff" instead of substance in the playoffs and college football becomes less profitable. These committee members know this, and they will be reminded of it over and over again. This is their chance to make football better. I expect a sincere effort to do so.
One problem with that which they know also. Greed is still rewarded in CFB even if the fan is disappointed. Bama disappoints their fans every year playing the Ga States instead of the Penn States. They still fill the stadium.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Yep there is no way to predict it correctly....that's why we entertain ourselves with picking who we think or want to be represented in the playoff. Most of us realize that we will be wrong. But who cares? It's what we do to pass the time until kickoff. Just for the record....we have the same picks if Bama beats USC east :)

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
One problem with that which they know also. Greed is still rewarded in CFB even if the fan is disappointed. Bama disappoints their fans every year playing the Ga States instead of the Penn States. They still fill the stadium.
Totally agree, there is no way Bama should play teams like Fla. Atlantic and W. Carolina. I still say teams from the power 5 conferences should only play teams from the power 5 conferences.
Getting off my soap box now.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Picking the best teams is what we had. I don't see how anyone can think that things are going to remain the same with the change they have made. If so, why did they change? :rolleye2:

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Picking the best teams is what we had. I don't see how anyone can think that things are going to remain the same with the change they have made. If so, why did they change? :rolleye2:
I could be totally off the reservation on this one, but in my biased opinion things were changed to make sure that the someone that didn't win their conference wouldn't be in the running for the national championship. In 2011 when Bama and LSU made it to the natty game the rest of the country were disgusted and things have been in motion ever sense to make sure that doesn't happen again. The current format is stupid because it will always leave one conference champion out every year...giving that conference something to complain about. The only solution is to expand to eight teams and allow each of the five power conference champs a place and three at-large bids either for worthy mid-major teams or teams from the power conferences that deserve a shot at the title. Hopefully the four team playoff is just a step in the right direction and it will be expanded.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I could be totally off the reservation on this one, but in my biased opinion things were changed to make sure that the someone that didn't win their conference wouldn't be in the running for the national championship. In 2011 when Bama and LSU made it to the natty game the rest of the country were disgusted and things have been in motion ever sense to make sure that doesn't happen again. The current format is stupid because it will always leave one conference champion out every year...giving that conference something to complain about. The only solution is to expand to eight teams and allow each of the five power conference champs a place and three at-large bids either for worthy mid-major teams or teams from the power conferences that deserve a shot at the title. Hopefully the four team playoff is just a step in the right direction and it will be expanded.
Hopefully you are wrong because I don't see anything stupid about the FIFTH best Conference champion, which just might not be ranked in the Top 10, being eliminated from the CFP. What is stupid is the "everybody deserves a spot" mentality. NO they don't!

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Hopefully you are wrong because I don't see anything stupid about the FIFTH best Conference champion, which just might not be ranked in the Top 10, being eliminated from the CFP. What is stupid is the "everybody deserves a spot" mentality. NO they don't!
I don't hear too many people saying that everybody deserves a spot. What we have is the four team playoff so that really is all that matters. I sure hope they try to get the four best in rather than placate to include as many of the big five as possible. I am not going to hold my breathe though...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
FSU (Nobody comes within 20 points of them during the regular season)
OU (Think Knight is the real deal and the SB was not a fluke)
OREGON (Finally will put it together and go undefeated)
LSU or AU

FSU 27 LSU 23
OREGON 31 OU 20

FSU repeats 45-31.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Why does people keep thinking Knight is the real deal just because he did well against us? Any QB OU recruits is good I agree but not sure I'm ready to peg him elite and them going undefeated yet. I'd like to get a shot at them again to shut Stoops up but I'm not sold on them this year but that's just me and my worthless two cents:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.