Part of the Bama Reset: Tweet about Earning Respect

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I love the message and, for the record, I think the message these posters convey is for our team, not any other team, or even our fanbase.

However, if you'd indulge me for just a moment, I've thought countless times that the Barn stepped into a pile of good luck last year and that they could probably not appreciate how fortunate they were last season to have the success they had.

As a matter of fact, I don't think their team and their fan base can probably appreciate it until they lose a game or two because of a bad break like the way they won a couple of games last year because of good breaks.

There has been some talk this year from the talking heads about "who's going to be the Auburn this year" -- the team that turns it all around. When, since the Atlanta Braves in the 1990's, has someone done a turn around like the Barn did from 2012 to 2013 -- from "worse to first" in the SEC or college football in general??? It's not supposed to be that easy and again I have to wonder, did they really earn it or did they step into a pile of good luck? My rational mind thinks it was probably a little of both.

Now, I'm interested to see how this year unfolds for us and them. This Bama team seems hungry and rejuvenated. They are working to "earn" it!!!

Let's see if Auburn thinks they've "arrived" or if they're "entitled" to what happened last year again this year. Let's see how they respond to some probable bad breaks this year cause the law of averages will have to eventually catch up to them. Mr. Murphey let your laws flow to the Barn, please!

Ok, rant off!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama is consistently great because you have the best facilities and coaches, which attract the best players - but even Alabama has required luck in all three of its national championships under Saban. It is a part of the game. You work hard and hope that it is enough because some crazy things are going to happen to you over the course of a season.

Yes, Auburn could easily have lost 4 games last year, but their hard work and excellent play put them in a position to take advantage of their good fortune. Tip the cap and get back to work.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Alabama is consistently great because you have the best facilities and coaches, which attract the best players - but even Alabama has required luck in all three of its national championships under Saban. It is a part of the game. You work hard and hope that it is enough because some crazy things are going to happen to you over the course of a season.

Yes, Auburn could easily have lost 4 games last year, but their hard work and excellent play put them in a position to take advantage of their good fortune. Tip the cap and get back to work.
Totally agree that you don't win a NC without some help from another team upsetting someone ahead of you, a lucky bounce of the ball, or, in some cases the team you are playing mailing you an early Christmas present.

My glasses are Crimson, but no so much that I can see that they also took advantage of the good fortune and made the most of it.

But, last year AU got an advance on good breaks and lucky bounces that most don't get over the course of several years. I'm just hoping they are done with the lucky bounces and breaks and they feel contented, fat and happy.

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
However, if you'd indulge me for just a moment, I've thought countless times that the Barn stepped into a pile of good luck last year and that they could probably not appreciate how fortunate they were last season to have the success they had.

As a matter of fact, I don't think their team and their fan base can probably appreciate it until they lose a game or two because of a bad break like the way they won a couple of games last year because of good breaks.
I saw some quotes from a top recruit on the differences between CNS and Malzahn and he basically said Alabama was all about structure but Malzahn would let you have fun.

I thought at the time if he goes to one of us hopefully it's AU. I'm sure Malzahn won't be as fun on the practice field but I kind of think that's their attitude, sort of loosey goosey. If that's the case, how they handle adversity will be important. Of course they dealt with a loss from LSU last year so maybe they can deal with it.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I saw some quotes from a top recruit on the differences between CNS and Malzahn and he basically said Alabama was all about structure but Malzahn would let you have fun.

I thought at the time if he goes to one of us hopefully it's AU. I'm sure Malzahn won't be as fun on the practice field but I kind of think that's their attitude, sort of loosey goosey. If that's the case, how they handle adversity will be important. Of course they dealt with a loss from LSU last year so maybe they can deal with it.
That recruit obviously didn't know Bama football too well. The structure is there, but the players have fun too. That structure can pay off in tight situations, and it will be fun when it does.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That recruit obviously didn't know Bama football too well. The structure is there, but the players have fun too. That structure can pay off in tight situations, and it will be fun when it does.
Read quotes from every recruit deciding between Alabama and Auburn. About 80% to 90% say Alabama is "all business" and Auburn is "laid-back with a family atmosphere." It never fails.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.