Thursday, August 14 Practice Update

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
From his lengthy response about Dillon Lee, I get the feeling that he's not quite at the point where they want him to be.

Otherwise, coach seems pretty chill. Seeing him cutting up a bit with the reporters at this point makes me feel good!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
A Little worried about the O-line when he talked about Leon and Dominick would've been starters or competed to be starters. Also the fact Kelly and Taylor were good but Arie was ok and the other 2 spots needed to step up. Sounds as if LT and RG are question marks 2 weeks before the season begins. I really feel we will be ok at LT as the season goes on but, early on could have groowing pains with Cam. Hoping Brown steps up and takes command at RG. Good news is we have 3 games until UF.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A Little worried about the O-line when he talked about Leon and Dominick would've been starters or competed to be starters. Also the fact Kelly and Taylor were good but Arie was ok and the other 2 spots needed to step up. Sounds as if LT and RG are question marks 2 weeks before the season begins. I really feel we will be ok at LT as the season goes on but, early on could have groowing pains with Cam. Hoping Brown steps up and takes command at RG. Good news is we have 3 games until UF.
Hopefully, Kiffin watched the Sugar Bowl film, and recognizes that when your LT just can't handle the speed rush, you help him out. Like with a FB (more likely in Kiffin's schemes) or an H-Back.

True, Robinson's weakness may well be experience, which will cure itself over time. Whereas C. Kouandjio's was slow feet, which you can't cure easily, and definitely not in mid-game. Regardless of the reason for the difficulty, you can give the LT help, and have plays (quick hitters in the opposite direction, or in the spot the speed rusher just vacated) that minimize the issue.

I was going nuts watching the Oklahoma LB speed rusher continually beat CK, yelling to give him help -- it's not like we were going coach CK up to fix the problem mid-game -- yet none was forthcoming. Didn't understand it then, still don't.

Also, both Coker and Sims are more mobile than AJ, so that might help. Flip side, though, is that AJ could make good decisions under immense pressure. We know Sims has trouble with that, and I'd have to think Coker, with almost no experience, does too.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
From his lengthy response about Dillon Lee, I get the feeling that he's not quite at the point where they want him to be.

Otherwise, coach seems pretty chill. Seeing him cutting up a bit with the reporters at this point makes me feel good!
Not sure what you mean since in the article he states Dillon is a very responsible player on the field and has matured and learned a lot on and off the field. What do you mean by not quite at the point they want him to be? I expect a huge year from Dillon.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Not sure what you mean since in the article he states Dillon is a very responsible player on the field and has matured and learned a lot on and off the field. What do you mean by not quite at the point they want him to be? I expect a huge year from Dillon.
Don't know exactly, but when I watched the CFB Blitz on ESPN Coach was all over DL during warm ups about doing things together as one. He called him out and then proceeded to continue to give him the business after that. He called out another player too (by number), but mentioned DL by name.

Motivation? Probably. Some people learn better by that type of motivation. I think Coach knows which buttons to push.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's the review of the presser, and I don't see anything to indicate Saban is upset with Dillon.

-- On Dillon Lee: "Dillon is a very responsible player on the field."

-- "He's matured a lot. I think he's learned a lot from the experience he's had here, both good and bad."

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when asked about Dillon, coach kinda went on a small tangent about being responsible on and off the field, etc. He praised Dillon's progress but then said "you know all these things are a work in progress man, you gotta make good choices and decisions all the time" and talked around that for a while.

I didn't mean that Dillon isn't progressing and I certainly didn't mean it as a slight against him - I hope he has an awesome year too. Maybe I read too much into coach's lengthy answer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.