Thank you Rece Davis. Thank you! (HUNH Offenses)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I had to switch to another browser myself. He basically said that the 8th official is to cover the middle, so the umpire will have time to assumed the correct position. The ump will put the ball down and then look to the ref to see if there are any subs. If not, the ump will assume his position using a "crisp jog," whatever that is. If they'll stick to that, it looks to me to benefit us. IOW, it sounds like they are going to allow time for subbing before the ball is made available to snap. If I'm understanding his correctly, it's going to jerk a knot into the HUNH offenses...
And will all be the work of Steve Shaw, the REC implanted bamer mole! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Let's be honest. Parties on both sides this argument aren't some sort of benevolent party truly concerned about the greater good of the game. Both sides are trying to gain an advantage and I believe the HUNH offenses have done that.

So, Rece is also calling out Coach Saban as being less than honest about his stated health concerns with HUHN, then, right?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I had to switch to another browser myself. He basically said that the 8th official is to cover the middle, so the umpire will have time to assumed the correct position. The ump will put the ball down and then look to the ref to see if there are any subs. If not, the ump will assume his position using a "crisp jog," whatever that is. If they'll stick to that, it looks to me to benefit us. IOW, it sounds like they are going to allow time for subbing before the ball is made available to snap. If I'm understanding his correctly, it's going to jerk a knot into the HUNH offenses...
Hoping and praying...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
So, Rece is also calling out Coach Saban as being less than honest about his stated health concerns with HUHN, then, right?
Yep, and with all due respect to Coach Saban I think Rece is right. Granted, I'm not saying a part of CNS's concerns isn't health reasons. But I don't believe one second that it is the primary reason. Not at all...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe the holding the ball for subbing is only if the offense subs, they will hold the ball to give the defense time to sub.
According to Shaw, the umpire holding the ball isn't only going to be for subbing. It's going to be to allow the line judge get set.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
what really chapped me was in last year's barn game i think, where we were getting "phantom" motion calls, and their o-line looked like a whack-a-mole game during a power surge and i don't recall them being called on it much if at all.
Yeah same here. Phantom false starts killed Alabama as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.