Yahoo Sports: Notre Dame Under Investigation for Academic Fraud

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I have to give Notre Dame credit for addressing this problem. It speaks to their integrity. Much different from the big cover up of academic fraud going on at North Carolina. Or the Sociology cover up at Auburn.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
@slmandel
"A source told the South Bend Tribune the scale of alleged fraud is comparable to the highly publicized case at UNC."

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
But, but, but, I thought only the SEC only does academic fraud. That's what the people in the North keep telling me. You're telling me kids are going to cheat, regardless of the school/conference. Well, colour me shocked.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
@slmandel
"A source told the South Bend Tribune the scale of alleged fraud is comparable to the highly publicized case at UNC."
I was just about to make a post comparing the two.

Not to defend Notre Dame, but couldn't the argument be made that if this was North Carolina nothing would happen?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I've never bought into their so-called academic rep, or any others. If it's big time CFB, there will be some that don't really qualify as student-athletes.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Aside from the NCAA telling us to all pretend and make believe that a few wins from a few years ago didn't happen, I'm not sure there will be any great impact here moving forward.

I know this much: the NCAA isn't coming along and taking 10 scholarships away and/or imposing a bowl ban on Notre Dame (of all schools) for an academic scandal that they themselves uncovered, self-reported, and investigated. Anything beyond vacated wins and a slap on the wrist would be a big surprise.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
irishenvy in complete meltdown...

Rumors there include a hunnee writing papers for some of the players, and that an, um, female tutor and S_E_X were involved...

Even still, they're taking shots at the SEC...

What was that they say about pride cometh before a fall...

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.