****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #7 - CB, Marlon Humphrey****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
The son of Bama great Bobby Humphrey, but an accomplished athlete in his own right. Was a top notch hurdler in track & field, and was widely considered by many to be the top cornerback in the country in this signing class. Made it to Bama this summer but has made some great strides and will most likely see the field in some capacity this season.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
Most seasons, this is your #2 or #3 stud in an Alabama class and the #1 for 99% of the school's in the country. This shows how deep this class is and it is even more amazing that he is the #2 CB in this class. Marlon has the pedigree, the speed, the intangibles to go down in Tide lore, just like his father. He knows how to play, he came from a great system-based school surrounded by good-to-great teammates- which is why I think Marlon is ranked a little lower-- he didnt have to be the star, but he still is one.

WMack4Bama's Take
Excellent size and length. But more than anything he's very sound in his technique. He's received superb coaching at Hoover High School. And since getting to Tuscaloosa this summer, he's received even more superb coaching from Coaches Saban & Smart personally as both coaches have given Marlon hands on attention and have been pleased with his progression. By the 6th game of this season, it'll be apparent that Humphrey & fellow freshman CB Tony Brown will give us the best CB tandem we've had since Deshea Townsend and Fernando Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Wow that's pretty low. I would've thought this guy was top three. Marlon strikes me as a natural cornerback, much like I thought Eddie Jackson was before he got hurt. One thing I don't see mentioned a lot are his return skills. I was blown away by them and expect him to win the job as punt returner in 2015.

With Brown, Humph, and a healthy Eddie Jackson, we could have one of the best secondaries ever in 2015-6. Provided they stay focused, but they seem like good kids.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Wow that's pretty low. I would've thought this guy was top three. Marlon strikes me as a natural cornerback, much like I thought Eddie Jackson was before he got hurt. One thing I don't see mentioned a lot are his return skills. I was blown away by them and expect him to win the job as punt returner in 2015.

With Brown, Humph, and a healthy Eddie Jackson, we could have one of the best secondaries ever in 2015-6. Provided they stay focused, but they seem like good kids.
There was actually a 3-way tie for #1. But we all had the collective 1,2,3 rated as 1,2,3 in some order in our individual rankings, and I doubt that there could be any legitimate argument made against either of the top 3

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think Marlon is a future star, but we had seven 5 star players in this class. As I said in another thread there is not much seperation in the top 15 so I can see Marlo coming in at 7.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.