We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys (Scrimmage Discussion)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys

Honestly, the best case scenario is that they're both good. We need them both to be, just in case.
I agree. Hopefully if either pulls ahead toward the opener it's because he's improved more than the other one; not that one is struggling.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Coach didn't release stats. So I don't have yardage. But Blake threw a few TD passes and a pick. Coker threw a TD and threw a couples picks (one of which was a Pick 6 to Cyrus Jones. Blake is making decisions faster and better at this point
Blake is making better decisions....in practice. Not really surprising as it has been thoroughly discussed Blake is a very good practice player but not as good when the lights come on.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Blake is making better decisions....in practice. Not really surprising as it has been thoroughly discussed Blake is a very good practice player but not as good when the lights come on.
And we know this how? He's looked great in clean up in actual games.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

And we know this how? He's looked great in clean up in actual games.
I was saying how he has played in A-Day games when was given the opportunity to throw. His performances in that regard have been underwhelming. You are right he has looked good running the read option packages to close out games. If that's what he will be doing this year that would be great.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why am I not surprised you made a post taking a shot at Blake?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Why am I not surprised you made a post taking a shot at Blake?
My statement is generally accepted by most bama fans. It wasn't a shot. It's a fact about BS performance in pressure situations, so far. You don't have to agree with me. I'm not trying to change your opinion. Just stating my opinion.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't get the "throwing our hats in the corner" over one qb or another. I'm for whatever guy helps us win this year and we really don't have decisive information to decide if that is one or the other.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

My statement is generally accepted by most bama fans. It wasn't a shot. It's a fact about BS performance in pressure situations, so far. You don't have to agree with me. I'm not trying to change your opinion. Just stating my opinion.
Look at the career stats for both. Sims has been better in cleanup. A-day is pretty much meaningless compared to playing against an opposing team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't get the "throwing our hats in the corner" over one qb or another. I'm for whatever guy helps us win this year and we really don't have decisive information to decide if that is one or the other.
Agreed. I think a few more may have had hopes for Coker more than they simply had doubts about Sims (based on A-day last year).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Agreed. I think a few more may have had hopes for Coker more than they simply had doubts about Sims (based on A-day last year).
Yup. I just grow weary of people crowning Coker as the heir-apparant based on a bad scrimmage, all while ignoring actual game stats.

It's like people want to believe Sims sucks. SMH

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.