We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys (Scrimmage Discussion)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm fine with Blake winning the job but I do think it would change our offense. We would need to focus on quick hitting slants, screens, short sideline outs etc to give our WR's YAC opportunities. I don't want Blake throwing deep unless it's a WIDE OPEN guy or going over the middle unless it's to OJ.

He has shown a tendency to throw into heavy traffic on passes over 20 yrds and that makes me nervous about him. We can win a lot of games with Sims but tweaks will be needed to take advantage of what he can do. That's where trust of CNS and CLK comes in plus we definitely have the WR's that can do things after the catch.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
What I'd honestly like to know has nothing to do with the qb's, kickers or any other position. The question for me is how in the world are you guys with the info able to get into a closed scrimmage?

I'm honestly baffled.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
That's a simple one. Yesterday's scrimmage had invitees from 3 groups that i could tell. A-Club members plus a guest (that would be me with my dad who played '57 thru '60 for Coach Bryant), Nick's Kids foundation folks, and i believe some REC people were there. I'd say there were maybe 300-500 people there. He does this every year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
back to the kicking game...

Did Morris get to kick any in the scrimmage?

I'd really like for teams to wonder if he was going to punt,run, or pass.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'm wondering whether we will adjust our offense or how much will we in the case Sims is the guy.. i'd feel a lot better with him running an option based offense taking advantage of his speed. The scrimmages are closed but are our coaches using him in a pro set offense in the scrimmages?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
i'm wondering whether we will adjust our offense or how much will we in the case Sims is the guy.. i'd feel a lot better with him running an option based offense taking advantage of his speed. The scrimmages are closed but are our coaches using him in a pro set offense in the scrimmages?
We really don't know anything about how he is looking or what he can do. How we feel is the last thing on any coach's mind, especially CNS. I do believe that if he has improved this much, then we are really fortunate. When you have a 5 year player who is this popular, then if he can win the job team unity is a great by-product. This is nothing against JC. We only want both to do their best and let the chips fall where they may.

Less than 2 weeks....I am getting pumped already. After doing 5 funerals in 3 weeks I am ready for some BAMA football!

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I'm in the camp of just waiting to see who wins the job and believe who ever that is the team and offense will be fine. I really think this is a natural thing that happens when programs like Alabama loses a 3 year starter like AJ. It takes time to get things figured out and see who steps up. I also think both guys will be playing in the WV game on August 30th. Thinking back to 2011 the coaches really didn't start seeing the separation between the two quarterbacks until they were playing real games. At the end of the day we really need two guys that can play QB at a high level because you never know when one might go down. Can't wait for that first game to get here so we can start seeing with our own eyes how each guy plays and form our own opinions!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Jameis Winston is primarily a pocket passer. Coker is actually probably a better runner. Just because Winston is black doesn't make him a dual threat QB. He ran for just over 200 yards last year at 2.5 yards a pop. EJ was also a pocket passer. He averaged under 3 yards a carry over 4 years and less than 20 yards rushing per game. Black QB does not equal dual threat.
Where in the world did this come from? Nowhere in 81's post was this even alluded to. SMH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Not sure why all the anxiety over Griffin. Saw him kick in H.S. and he is a kicking freak.
When he finally feels comfortable, look out. He will win games and set records.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Not sure why all the anxiety over Griffin. Saw him kick in H.S. and he is a kicking freak.
Thanks for 'hijacking' the thread back to its original subject! :biggrin:

I'm anxious to see Griffin do it in a game. CNS' remarks are giving me a good feeling, though.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If you had seen the spring scrimmage and the A Day game, you would understand the anxiety quite well.

Adam Griffith of yesterday vs. Adam Griffith of the spring = Kate Upton vs. the elephant man. OK, that may be a little exaggerated. But not much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.