We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys (Scrimmage Discussion)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys

This is hell... shot to death ... Let's see.. we talked about Adam Griffith that led to Jacob Coker/Blake Sims, and then moved on to Breaking rules at scrimmage, then back to Coker/Sims, then Griffith, then back to Coker/Sims then to breaking rules.... Did I get this right ya'll?? What's next? We're going to complain about the shoes that Sims is wearing that's offending everyone?
as long as they aren't pony cleats, i'm good

BamaEyeDoc

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2006
Re: We've Got Ourselves a Kicker Guys

I'm a REC member. I believe they just say that video recording and live posting/tweeting is prohibited. Also no audio recording of Coach Saban's remarks.
This is exactly what was said at the scrimmage. They did not say anything about discussing stats online. But since Coach Saban decided not to divulge any, I thought it best not to post any myself.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
WVU is no Kent State in 2011. I don't think Alabama can just treat the game as an open audition for the QB role. We're playing a power-5 conference team who has an offense that can jump out in front of us if not effective on offense.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
That's nice and great.... But what about our kickers... No one can answer my questions from several posts ago :)
The only thing I've seen is that he went 5-for-5 with "a few" (I guess that means 3-ish) from beyond 40. I suppose that means 2-ish from short to midrange. Couple that with the 4-for-5 from the first scrimmage with the only miss being in bad weather, and it sounds like we've got a consistent kicker from anywhere on the field. Maybe someone who was at this last scrimmage can shed more light on the distances of his 5 kicks Saturday.

EDIT: By all accounts JK Scott is coming along nicely, easily supplanting both Griffith and Alec Morris at punting duties. Sounds like we're solid.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
WVU is no Kent State in 2011. I don't think Alabama can just treat the game as an open audition for the QB role. We're playing a power-5 conference team who has an offense that can jump out in front of us if not effective on offense.
I'm not worried about WVU in the least. I feel like we could run HB dive up the middle every play of the game and win. To big of talent and skill gap between the teams and even more importantly Bama has the motivation back it had heading into the 2009 season. We all know how the next 4 years turned out..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The only thing I've seen is that he went 5-for-5 with "a few" (I guess that means 3-ish) from beyond 40. I suppose that means 2-ish from short to midrange. Couple that with the 4-for-5 from the first scrimmage with the only miss being in bad weather, and it sounds like we've got a consistent kicker from anywhere on the field. Maybe someone who was at this last scrimmage can shed more light on the distances of his 5 kicks Saturday.

EDIT: By all accounts JK Scott is coming along nicely, easily supplanting both Griffith and Alec Morris at punting duties. Sounds like we're solid.
By all accounts, JK Scott has a bionic leg. At least that is what all the reports indicate: the kid can boom it.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm not worried about WVU in the least. I feel like we could run HB dive up the middle every play of the game and win. To big of talent and skill gap between the teams and even more importantly Bama has the motivation back it had heading into the 2009 season. We all know how the next 4 years turned out..
So all we have to do is show up with our new motivation? :rolleye2:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So all we have to do is show up with our new motivation? :rolleye2:

Yeah, we need to do more than that. I don't want them to have the attitude of just showing up for any of our games. We know that recipe for disaster. Plus with this age of playoffs, they need to try and dominate each game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Yea against WVU...actually we don't even have to be motivated to beat them. Just show up.
As a fan, go ahead and think that. I hope our team doesn't. IMO we've probably lost 2-3 games (and struggled in some others) in the last few years thinking that way.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As a fan, go ahead and think that. I hope our team doesn't. IMO we've probably lost 2-3 games (and struggled in some others) in the last few years thinking that way.
Yea. A fan's opinion has no impact on on the outcome of the game or a team's mindset. If we struggle with WVU its going to be a long season. We've had the #1 recruiting class for several years in a row. I know that doesn't always correlate to a win but the talent gap between the two teams is massive. Those games you are talking about that we lost, the teams involved had similar talent levels. Not the case here.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think we can pretty much close this discussion based on CNS's post practice comments today. Its not often that you impress coach and he go as far to say it matter of factly. But he did that today in his comments. Scott must have some real ability because coach wasnt bashful in saying he was our best punter by a long shot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.