Trent Richardson & Reporter Bias

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I'm not sure "solid" is going to cut it. They gave up a #1 pick for him. You don't give up a #1 pick to get "solid", especially for a RB in today's NFL.
Its not just fantasy analysis. There was a quote from their general manager in the article that pretty much said he needs to produce this year or they will be moving on.
I get it, I just believe a solid year behind that line will earn him enough to continue. I get that NFL teams are very impatient and RBs have probably the shortest time to prove themselves. I really wish he had no gone to Cleveland first.

The fantasy analysis was a side comment. I really can't stand how much it seems to dominate the reporting.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Trents just not getting it done. No different than when he was at Cleveland. The backups always ran better. Sometimes thats just the way it goes. The NFL is an entirely different beast than college. I wont write him off yet but i dont see any improvement thus far.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Trents just not getting it done. No different than when he was at Cleveland. The backups always ran better. Sometimes thats just the way it goes. The NFL is an entirely different beast than college. I wont write him off yet but i dont see any improvement thus far.
While I agree his performance last year was terrible that was not the case in Cleveland. He had a very good rookie season with over 950 yards & 12 TDs. He was their offense since they had no vertical passing game. Teams loaded the box & he still had a good year. We need to be patient. He's just a 3rd year player. RBs can take time to develop. See Marshawn Lynch.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The NFL is a "what have you done for us lately" kind of league. If he doesn't succeed individually this season, he is probably done as a feature back in the NFL.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
While I agree his performance last year was terrible that was not the case in Cleveland. He had a very good rookie season with over 950 yards & 12 TDs. He was their offense since they had no vertical passing game. Teams loaded the box & he still had a good year. We need to be patient. He's just a 3rd year player. RBs can take time to develop. See Marshawn Lynch.

rushing for 1000 yards in the NFL isnt the same as it used to be with a 16 game schedule. He averaged 3.6 ypc that year. he did have flashes, but like i said earliers the backups normally looked better.

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
His contract with the Colt's is for almost $ 20.5 million guaranteed; so he should never have any financial worries. I have to admit that he has been a disappointment. Thank heavens for the season that Lacy had and Mark's recent success.

I was getting tired of hearing commentators talk about our running backs in the league.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's what several NFL Scouts who report on the NFL Network have said, that it was amazing how much the OLine improved when the backup running backs would come in. Their yds/carry are better than Trents. In other words the offensive line isn't the problem.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
rushing for 1000 yards in the NFL isnt the same as it used to be with a 16 game schedule. He averaged 3.6 ypc that year. he did have flashes, but like i said earliers the backups normally looked better.
3.6 yards every play means 6 points every drive (without turnovers.) I predicted last year and will stand by my prediction that the trio of Trent, Mark and Eddie will explode and be celebrated at some point in this season ... the cover of SI will look great with the three of them and the headline "Flying High".

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
3.6 yards every play means 6 points every drive (without turnovers.) I predicted last year and will stand by my prediction that the trio of Trent, Mark and Eddie will explode and be celebrated at some point in this season ... the cover of SI will look great with the three of them and the headline "Flying High".
3.6 yards per play is .... poor production in the NFL.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Colts Oline was just awful last night. that wasn't Trent. Luck was on his back and running for his life the whole time he was in.

now the third string RB and the 2nd and 3rd string Oline did pretty well against the 2nd and 3rd string D for the Aints.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Well, 1000 yards is still the benchmark in the NFL, especially in a pass happy league. See almost every discussion concerning RBs on the NFL Network, ESPN, etc. On some teams 3.6 yards per carry is poor production, but not when you have no production at QB and no vertical passing game to stretch the defense. Cleveland had neither. Given the overall production of the unit, his ypc could've been much worse (maybe under 2 yds per carry). He had a decent rookie season especially with the number of touchdowns. Now, if we were discussing other dynamic offenses, a RB should be upwards 4.5-5.0 ypc. You have to look at the context which he was playing.

There was no excuse last year (coming in the beginning of the season or not). He was pitiful. Running lanes were there. See Donald Brown's production with 5.3 ypc. They will cut him if he doesnt produce. Plain and simple. Last year's poor production should not shed a negative light on what he did in Cleveland.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.