Link: Alabama voted ‘most hated college football team’

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
When we're not the most hated team in college football, we're in trouble, cause that will mean we're not dominating college football..We were loved during the "Shula Years" & I remember distinctly when other fan bases would tell us they wished Coach Shula would remain our permanent HC..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Jealousy - pure and simple.

Most of my "sports buddies" are not like that AT ALL. They understand and respect components such as legacy, performance, tradition, and excellence.

But as they say.....

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If I see one more link discussing Reddit's most hated poll, I'm gonna blow a gasket. Look. Let me explain something to you guys who I come to for comfort on the internet, reddit is a ***********. That means one person says something and the rest follow. The whole site is one big ***********. A bunch of 12-15 year olds who probably get made fun of a whole lot in high school, and have a gross obsession with cats. These are the same people that said the Pac12 is better than the SEC because of QB play and that defense doesn't matter.

Nobody hated Alabama in 2006 other than our usual rivals. Win a few championship and suddenly we are literally Hitler. I'm done.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
When we hired Saban, a friend called me and said "we're going to be hated again soon, and it feels GREAT!"

When they don't hate you, it's because you're irrelevant...

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
No surprise there. Haters gonna hate. But, why would Nevada hate Michigan? Why would anybody outside of the Big 10/12/14 footprint hate a team as irrelevant as Michigan? Weird.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/alabama-most-hated-reddit/
You'll notice, except perhaps Oregon and Washington, that the hated teams are all the traditional powers: Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Southern Cal, Alabama, etc.

You'll also notice who's not on the list: Auburn. That's very telling.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
If I see one more link discussing Reddit's most hated poll, I'm gonna blow a gasket. Look. Let me explain something to you guys who I come to for comfort on the internet, reddit is a ***********. That means one person says something and the rest follow. The whole site is one big ***********. A bunch of 12-15 year olds who probably get made fun of a whole lot in high school, and have a gross obsession with cats. These are the same people that said the Pac12 is better than the SEC because of QB play and that defense doesn't matter.

Nobody hated Alabama in 2006 other than our usual rivals. Win a few championship and suddenly we are literally Hitler. I'm done.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

you're new to this internet thingy aren't you?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
you're new to this internet thingy aren't you?
No, but I've been going back and forth with those idiots since the preseason poll came out. And then I come here to get away from the stupidity, and it's here too.. I have never seen such a large group of uneducated football 'fans' ever.

and as far as internet trolling goes, it truly is an art that I am very familiar with :)

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
No, but I've been going back and forth with those idiots since the preseason poll came out. And then I come here to get away from the stupidity, and it's here too.. I have never seen such a large group if uneducated football 'fans' ever.
So, you willingly participate (presumably you're not being forced) in the "***********" with people you consider to be idiots. And in your spare time, you come here and get yourself bent out of shape about a thread who's subject is clearly and accurately labeled???

I like this post but it also scares me with the use of ***********.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Hitler hated us too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.