Braxton Miller Reinjured Right Shoulder- Playing Status for the season in Jeopardy

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Braxton Miller Reinjured Right Shoulder- Playing Status for the season in Jeo...

This really hurts given the improvement we have seen from our defense in practices and scrimmages. We will likely start a RS freshman this year if Miller is out. Barrett looks good in practice and has received a lot of snaps with the starters, but he hasn't set foot on the field as a player. This team is built to win now - this could be a huge setback.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Re: Braxton Miller Reinjured Right Shoulder- Playing Status for the season in Jeo...

This is cause to remember how fortunate we've been in T-town at QB.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

This really hurts given the improvement we have seen from our defense in practices and scrimmages. We will likely start a RS freshman this year if Miller is out. Barrett looks good in practice and has received a lot of snaps with the starters, but he hasn't set foot on the field as a player. This team is built to win now - this could be a huge setback.
It's definitely a blow, but Meyer has a good history of developing young QB's fast.
They'll find a way to be in the hunt at the end. Too much overall talent not to be.
sip

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It's definitely a blow, but Meyer has a good history of developing young QB's fast.
They'll find a way to be in the hunt at the end. Too much overall talent not to be.
sip
Thanks and I agree to a point. We will still win a lot of games, but that is more a reflection of the state of the B1G than anything else right now. Barrett is very talented, but beating MSU with a first year QB is a tough task. I am not conceding anything, but I feel like I just got punched in the gut. The good news - our toughest games are at the very end of our schedule. He will have time to develop.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Thanks and I agree to a point. We will still win a lot of games, but that is more a reflection of the state of the B1G than anything else right now. Barrett is very talented, but beating MSU with a first year QB is a tough task. I am not conceding anything, but I feel like I just got punched in the gut. The good news - our toughest games are at the very end of our schedule. He will have time to develop.
Braxton is such a good kid, one whom CNS went after very strongly, and we're all sorry for him. That said, tOSU, plays, ahem, the perfect, cough, schedule to give his replacement time to grow.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Hate it for ya, B1G...

You are such a welcome presence on this board - knowledgeable, fair-minded...

Here's hopin' he's able to come back...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Doesn't look good for Ohio State or Miller.

@Gil_Brandt Was told Ohio State expecting Braxton Miller to miss entire season. Release expected later today. Big blow for that team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Doesn't look good for Ohio State or Miller.

@Gil_Brandt Was told Ohio State expecting Braxton Miller to miss entire season. Release expected later today. Big blow for that team.
Yeah - everything that we are hearing supports this. Doesn't look good for Miller.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Braxton is such a good kid, one whom CNS went after very strongly, and we're all sorry for him. That said, tOSU, plays, ahem, the perfect, cough, schedule to give his replacement time to grow.
Miller was so supportive of Guiton last year when he was injured, and even argued that Guiton deserved to start the Orange Bowl. Good kid.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

sip
Meyer developing QB’s? He had tebow for 4 years and he was the most mechanically flawed qb of all time. With oLieo states schedule next year, I could be the qb and win.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Didn't work out for him, and it's difficult to comprehend, but Meyer had a replacement at UF for Tebow who was BETTER than Tebow. $cam.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Didn't work out for him, and it's difficult to comprehend, but Meyer had a replacement at UF for Tebow who was BETTER than Tebow. $cam.
Yep. Wonder how differently everything would have turned out had Cam and Meyer stayed at UF..

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Yep. Wonder how differently everything would have turned out had Cam and Meyer stayed at UF..
I started to add that to my post.

I remember being asked about $cam, when the news broke about him and MSU in the 2010 season, by my Brother-in-law. Got a big LOL from him when I told him $cam had been at UF and was better than Tebow ever thought about being. That Tebow dreamed about doing things that $cam could do. Of course at that time, every other word on ESPN was still about Tebow, and *u had just begun to turn $cam loose.

Last edited:

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
New QB.. new OL. Week 2, Bud Foster is pumped im sure! Frank Beamer has closed off all practices and scrimmages all summer to everyone. Not once open one. Thats the first time ever.

He wanted to beat Ohio state before Miller got hurt. This news just made the task a little bit more manageable. Unleash the Bud Foster D!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.