Oklahoma suspends Joe Mixon for season

Sorry but all I heard before that game was how motivated our guys were and the resolve to not let another Utah happen. I'm not buying that they just showed up, especially against a team with the tradition of OU.
That was the worst AJ ever played and I'm not talking about the sacks. Five TO? I can't remember the last time we had that many TO in one game. I knew they would come out lethargic. That's just typical Alabama. Beat us like a drum they did not.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
That was the worst AJ ever played and I'm not talking about the sacks. Five TO? I can't remember the last time we had that many TO in one game. I knew they would come out lethargic. That's just typical Alabama. Beat us like a drum they did not.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
I agree they didn't bear us like a drum, I never said they did. but they outplayed us and deserved to win---turnovers are part of the game as is qb play. More so than most on this board, I would expect you to understand that Jbama and give the sooners some credit. We got beat on the field and on the sidelines that night.

Hopefully Nick will replay that game constantly and use it as a motivating tool for our team this season.

I agree they didn't bear us like a drum, I never said they did. but they outplayed us and deserved to win---turnovers are part of the game as is qb play. More so than most on this board, I would expect you to understand that Jbama and give the sooners some credit. We got beat on the field and on the sidelines that night.

Hopefully Nick will replay that game constantly and use it as a motivating tool for our team this season.
Oh I give them all the respect they deserve. They deserved to win, and the pounced on an opportunity. I wouldn't expect the same Bama team to show up in a championship game though.

Sent from my iPhone

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
IIRC Mixon wanted to come to Bama at one point. Not sure of the interest on either side of course.

As for OU I'm with colby, I just don't see OU going undefeated and winning the Big12. Knight was shaky when he wasn't hurt last year then came out looking like a world beater against us in which we were NOT ready and pumped to play in that game. I think he'll struggle this year as well and I don't see them running the table. I think Baylor or possibly even K-State would run the table before OU will.

I'm just not buying into the hype of what was seen in one game against a team that did NOT want to be there (us)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To repeat my question from way too many similar incidents, "Forget football....how is this guy still in school?"

What is OU's policy on students who are not scholarship athletes and commit felonious assault?

How would you feel about your child (whether male ore female) walking home late from the library, and Mr. Mixon is coming the opposite direction? Before you answer, remember that we are not pure on this issue...a fact about which I'm still both upset and disappointed.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think we have a very good team, but OU proved to me in the national spot light that they were better than us that night. You can make excuses and say we gave the game away, but all that matters and all everyone will remember is the final score.

they will be fine without Mixon.
I totally agree with you. They beat us like a red headed stepchild. Knocked our 5* guys around and asked them if they wanted more.. I kinda felt sorry for our good guys.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some of you guys seem to forget Zero O played a different offensive scheme than they ran the rest of the year. Give them credit for a dang good game plan. But, everyone has seen it now, and they have yet to prove they can sustain it for more than one game.

Their regular offensive scheme didn't work out all that well against Bevo U. (Maybe because they already saw it, and prepped for it.)

I'll take our coaches, and talented players, in a rematch, any day, any venue. Maybe we will put a TE on the rusher beating our LT.

"I don't want to have to 'splain this again."- Joe Bob Briggs, Drive-in movie critic of Grapevine, TX.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I like their chances, especially after the way they pushed our 5 star guys around in the sugar bowl.
They won the game I will give them that. Let's not get carried away. If Ou averaged that huge offensive output they had in the SugarBowl for the entire season, they would have finished 10th in total offense in the offensively challenged SEC . Also , although Bama had 5 turnovers, they out gained OU by 84 yards.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
USCe beat us in 2010 then lost to KU and got slammed by AU in the SECCG. I see a similar fate for OU. After Utah beat us in 2009, did they make a BCS bowl the following year? No, not even close.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They won the game I will give them that. Let's not get carried away. If Ou averaged that huge offensive output they had in the SugarBowl for the entire season, they would have finished 10th in total offense in the offensively challenged SEC . Also , although Bama had 5 turnovers, they out gained OU by 84 yards.
Yes, many read way too much into one loss or win. Sometimes one loss or win signals a trend, but it's way too soon to read that into the Sooners win for them or the loss for us.

Whether it is right or not, they got more positive momentum from that win against us than any one win for a team in recent memory.

Remember how we kicked Florida's butt when Shula was here and how SI proclaimed on their front cover "Bama is Back?"

We'll we see if this win against Bama means as much as some folks think.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Yeah, without the turnovers the talk would have been; Oklahoma played Bama much better than expected. Despite everything in that game, I still think if Clinton-Dix stops the runner short of the first down on that last third down play Bama still wins. But you can always find something in a loss and this has been hashed out enough; just seems like people think Bama was manhandled when it was a straight up game at worst for Bama.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
I find it interesting how the title of this thread is about Oklahoma suspending one of their players, yet 90% of the postings are about...

:)

Makes me wonder if I were to start a thread entitled "Oklahoma is north of Texas" if we would start talking about the Sugar Bowl.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I find it interesting how the title of this thread is about Oklahoma suspending one of their players, yet 90% of the postings are about...

:)

Makes me wonder if I were to start a thread entitled "Oklahoma is north of Texas" if we would start talking about the Sugar Bowl.
Do you think anyone cares at all about ou other than how they affect (or have affected) Bama?

I sure don't - couldn't care less. Not sure why this would be surprising...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.