Oklahoma suspends Joe Mixon for season

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
They will have to be undefeated. I doubt they get in with one loss, since they don't play a conference title game. Yes, I realize they play every team in the conference but it's the Big 12, and that conference ain't what it used to be.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Oklahoma suspends Joe Mixion for season.

I like their chances, especially after the way they pushed our 5 star guys around in the sugar bowl.
I keep hearing how much they smoked us and beat us like a drum. You must have watched a different game than I did. I saw our offense make mistake after mistake and give our defense no rest. Plus we still had a chance to tie the game with 1:00 left.

They had no answer for Henry and our staff didn't realize it until it was too late.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
After the way they beat us, is there any doubt they are more than capable of beating every other team in the big 12?
I have no doubt they can go undefeated but I don't see it happening. Trevor Knight was average at best last year, he just happened to have a great game against us, very similar to Garcia in 2010.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I guess it must have been really bad if Oklahoma couldn't figure out an excuse for him so he could play. (Yes I am being cynical.....considering DGB).

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think we have a very good team, but OU proved to me in the national spot light that they were better than us that night. You can make excuses and say we gave the game away, but all that matters and all everyone will remember is the final score.

they will be fine without Mixon.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think we have a very good team, but OU proved to me in the national spot light that they were better than us that night. You can make excuses and say we gave the game away, but all that matters is the final they will be fine without Nixon.
I agree they were the better team that night. I still maintain if that game is for the national championship, we win running away.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess it must have been really bad if Oklahoma couldn't figure out an excuse for him so he could play. (Yes I am being cynical.....considering DGB).
That's where OU is being hypocritical. They're fine with DGB allegedly hitting a woman but aren't cool with Mixon knocking a girl out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree they were the better team that night. I still maintain if that game is for the national championship, we win running away.
We will never know the answer to that question. Hopefully though we will get another shot at them and avenge the loss. But I thought Bob's game plan against us was ingenius-- he completely caught Nick off guard on third downs.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
And the way Texas embarrassed them last year proves the Horns will go undefeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forgot about that too. Man, last year was just a weird year for college football. The Barn and Missouri in the SECCG? With all the senior QBs in our league and Nick Marshall almost wins the national championship? Ugh

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
No way they can beat a motivated Bama team. That team was one of the most unfocused Bama I have seen during the Saban era. And Bama could have still won the game. Please, don't let the smooth taste fool you.
Sorry but all I heard before that game was how motivated our guys were and the resolve to not let another Utah happen. I'm not buying that they just showed up, especially against a team with the tradition of OU.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.