somewhat crappy news

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hey folks,

i found out late last week that i have a tumor on my brain (on the cerebellum). thankfully, it appears to be a benign mass (they told me the name of it and I'm not even going to try to type it" and is "easily" correctable with surgery. i met with a neurosurgeon this am and they say the location/size, etc. make it an easy target and there should be no long term effects and no worries of re-growth. surgery should be scheduled in 3-4 weeks and it should be a relatively quick recovery time (a couple of days in the hospital then recover at home for a few weeks)

its been a hell of a few days since the "mr 92tide, you have a tumor on your brain and you need to immediately get an mri and schedule a neurosurgery appointment" talk i got after my ct scan thursday morning. all things considered, things are looking good right now.

i was talking with my best friend yesterday and he suggested that this is a sign that i should start cooking meth and become a kingpin ala walter white. i got a good laugh out of that.

prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated, especially for my dear wife who has had to deal with too much major medical crap since our daughter was born.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sure will 92. Will def keep you and your family in my prayers. Glad to hear that the ultimate news is good. You are blessed. Many don't get that news.
the drive up to the facility to get the mri (where i found out it was benign) was about the longest hour I've spent in a long time.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Man, wow, scary news - so glad to hear it should be an 'easy' fix.

I can't image in what the waiting was like!

What made you go get checked in the first place?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Bad/good to hear. Prayers offered.

...and I don't have the recipe anymore. Some monkey wearing glasses distracted me with a midget and stole it. I do have 3 gallons of Drano and about a thousand boxes of Sudafed, though, if you know what to do with them. :wink:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Man, wow, scary news - so glad to hear it should be an 'easy' fix.

I can't image in what the waiting was like!

What made you go get checked in the first place?
i have been fighting what up until a few days ago i thought was a chronic sinus infection. lots of headaches and dizziness similar to what i had all spring with my allergies. turns out it wasn't that and they wanted to do a ct scan, hearing test etc to make sure i didn't have any inner ear problems.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
they told me the name of it and I'm not even going to try to type it" and is "easily" correctable with surgery.
The tumor is called "liberalism." Here's my recommended course of action:

Hey, buddy, I'm sure your blood pressure was going crazy until you the doc said the words "benign." I know that the older I get I always get nervous every time I (or my wife) go to the doctor. Prayers to you, your wife, and your little one.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.