It's almost here! Lets predict the SEC in 2014.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If one was left out it would show the conference championship games to be harmful to the conferences in the new system. Interesting scenario.
Idk. It also matters "when" you lose. If all the other playoff possibilities have just 1 loss (especially if one team had 2 losses) I could see it happening MAYBE.

This is what we all fear: that the SEC runner up/loser of the SECCG may actually be better than the other 2 teams and the SEC champion that get in the 4 team playoff.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I doubt that will happen. After all, 2011 is the exact reason we have the playoff in the first place.
I have to agree with colby on this. I would like to believe that the selection committee would select the top 4 teams. IMO the human rankings should only account for a percentage of the vote with a larger percentage being derived from computer generated rankings, but then again, no one asked me.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think that Alabama and Georgia will both be undefeated and meet in the SECCG. If it plays out this way, I wonder if the loser will be allowed into the field of four.
My impression was that this whole playoff deal was basically put in place to avoid that from happening. In a roundabout way.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
My impression was that this whole playoff deal was basically put in place to avoid that from happening. In a roundabout way.
Primary objective is to avoid an all SEC NCG. That will ALWAYS be achieved. In the rare instances that two SEC teams are selected, they will ALWAYS be seeded 1-4 or 2-3 in order to achieve that objective.

Same will hold true for any conference because if they didn't it would set a precedent to allow it for the SEC.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Primary objective is to avoid an all SEC NCG. That will ALWAYS be achieved. In the rare instances that two SEC teams are selected, they will ALWAYS be seeded 1-4 or 2-3 in order to achieve that objective.

Same will hold true for any conference because if they didn't it would set a precedent to allow it for the SEC.
Thanks for the clarification. That's what I was getting at, in a roundabout way. :smile:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
East:
South Carolina (6-2) *wins head-to-head over Georgia
Georgia (6-2)
Vanderbilt (3-5)
Mizzou (3-5)
Tennessee (2-6)
Kentucky (0-8)

West
Alabama (8-0)
Auburn (7-1)
Ole Miss (6-2)
LSU (4-4)
Mississippi State (3-5)
Arkansas (0-8)

Tough to say on several of these. I do think Vanderbilt is going to win a game they shouldn't. Arkansas is going to have a miserable season. South Carolina wins the East. The West comes down to the Iron Bowl. I think Ole Miss surprises some teams.

I won't even try to pick players of the year. But, I think Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon, and Nick Marshall are your three candidates.

Freshman of the year is Fournette.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
SEC East
Georgia-11-1
South Carolina 9-3
Florida 8-4
Missouri 8-4
Vanderbilt 7-5
Kentucky 4-8

SEC West
Bama- 12-0
LSU-11-1
Auburn 8-4
A@M 8-4
Ole Miss 7-5
Miss. State 7-5

Bama beats Georgia in a toughie and they both make the four team playoff.

sip

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
East:
South Carolina (6-2) *wins head-to-head over Georgia
Georgia (6-2)
Vanderbilt (3-5)
Mizzou (3-5)
Tennessee (2-6)
Kentucky (0-8)

West
Alabama (8-0)
Auburn (7-1)
Ole Miss (6-2)
LSU (4-4)
Mississippi State (3-5)
Arkansas (0-8)

Tough to say on several of these. I do think Vanderbilt is going to win a game they shouldn't. Arkansas is going to have a miserable season. South Carolina wins the East. The West comes down to the Iron Bowl. I think Ole Miss surprises some teams.

I won't even try to pick players of the year. But, I think Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon, and Nick Marshall are your three candidates.

Freshman of the year is Fournette.
Texas A&M and Florida obsolete this year?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
For all the handwringing the BCS did its job for a lot of years. It made a matchup between one and two. If they say the goal is the 4 best teams I hope it'll be just that. At least this way the BIG mistake will be much less likely IMO. That is leaving out a very deserving team. It'll be more fun for sure and more football!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.