Cross burned in yard of white man after being visited by racially mixed grandkids

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The shooting and beating took place outside Daniels' father's home in the Cohay (CO-hay) community of Smith County, about 45 miles southeast of Jackson, the sheriff said. Wilson lives next door, sharing the home with his neighbor's ex-wife, who is Daniels' mother, said Crumpton. The sheriff said Daniels lives across the road.

I need help comprehending this!
:eek2:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The shooting and beating took place outside Daniels' father's home in the Cohay (CO-hay) community of Smith County, about 45 miles southeast of Jackson, the sheriff said. Wilson lives next door, sharing the home with his neighbor's ex-wife, who is Daniels' mother, said Crumpton. The sheriff said Daniels lives across the road.

Me, too. I considered creating a diagram to try to keep all the names and relationships straight.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Regardless of how each individual thinks or feels about racially mixed marriages (or non-marital relationships), no fault goes to the children born of it. Regardless of their skin color, grandchildren are all the same, and we can't help but love them all the same.
Whether the hatred is racial, religious or whatever, hate groups are all the same. They're all made up of folks who are consumed by their own hatred.
We should all remember one thing as it pertains to our offspring. They will never know hatred for others if we don't teach it to them.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Regardless of how each individual thinks or feels about racially mixed marriages (or non-marital relationships), no fault goes to the children born of it. Regardless of their skin color, grandchildren are all the same, and we can't help but love them all the same.
Whether the hatred is racial, religious or whatever, hate groups are all the same. They're all made up of folks who are consumed by their own hatred.
We should all remember one thing as it pertains to our offspring. They will never know hatred for others if we don't teach it to them.
Amen.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Living next to Daddy while Mommy is shacking up with the guy across the street has got to be awkward. The burnt cross notwithstanding, I'm guessing there are more issues than the racial mix of the kids who sometimes visit.

Smith county is adjacent to Simpson county. I once heard someone from there say that the only things going on were Fighting and (Fornicating). I might generously add in Farming. I guess folks get bored out there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Living next to Daddy while Mommy is shacking up with the guy across the street has got to be awkward. The burnt cross notwithstanding, I'm guessing there are more issues than the racial mix of the kids who sometimes visit.

Smith county is adjacent to Simpson county. I once heard someone from there say that the only things going on were Fighting and (Fornicating). I might generously add in Farming. I guess folks get bored out there.
Directly behind our house is a married couple. She's Chinese and speaks no English. The house across the street from them is owned by a couple. The guy behind me used to be married to the woman across the street. They all seem to get along well...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Don't worry, I'm lost too

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey that's nothing.

My wife's stepfather was previously married to my wife's/his current other stepdaughter's biological father's wife.

(Somebody post Mack's picture of Cosby looking stunned here)

What I'm saying is, my wife's current stepfather and prior stepfather have both shared TWO wives with each other.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Directly behind our house is a married couple. She's Chinese and speaks no English. The house across the street from them is owned by a couple. The guy behind me used to be married to the woman across the street. They all seem to get along well...
So you're saying there is no farming going on here?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.