A replay of 1992 maybe?

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I agree. I hope it does compare to 1992 defense because they were the best we have ever had. I loved the 2011 defense, and they were close, but they also lost a game that year. It's a fun discussion to have. Most of all in 2014, I want us getting back to having that great defense. I hope so.

I'm not picking a side here, but the 2011 Defense only gave up 6 points in regulation in that loss, and, if I'm not mistaken, the starting field position for one of those scores was already in field goal range (or very close).

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The discussion has obviously trended towards the defense, and we have had some good ones. Because of my age, 92 is the first one I can remember as I was to young to remember much about some of the defenses in the 70's. I agree with alot of people 92 was a monster but I beleive overall talent this year could be as good if not better. We have never been so deep on the line and at linebacker and we possibly have 2 of the best freshmen corners in the country and all they need is a little pt.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.