Link: Saturday Down South's 10 Best SEC RB's of the BCS Era

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Bama has 4 of the 10. When I saw the list, I immediately wondered why Eddie wasn't on it, but it is a career stat based year, and Eddie only had the 1 fantastic year, and 2 other solid years. I admit, I was surprised to see TJ on the list. OTOH, I was also shocked to see that TJ had the highest YPC on the list. That is impressive when you consider the names on it!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-top-10-running-backs-bcs-era/

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Re: Saturday Down South's 10 Best RB's of the BCS Era.

Bama has 4 of the 10. When I saw the list, I immediately wondered why Eddie wasn't on it, but it is a career stat based year, and Eddie only had the 1 fantastic year, and 2 other solid years. I admit, I was surprised to see TJ on the list. OTOH, I was also shocked to see that TJ had the highest YPC on the list. That is impressive when you consider the names on it!

I'm not surprised to see that about TJ....He's a beast running the ball, and while alot are stuck on how good Henry will be (and I too like Henry alot) we tend to forget that this year TJ has a chance to break the rushing record....So, I'm not surprised at all..TJ's the man!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I guess I'm biased but I think I would have Lacy in there somewhere. I have no idea what his career stats are offhand. Think I would have Lacy instead of maybe Lattimore or Moreno. Still impressive we have 3 from Bama on the list.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I guess I'm biased but I think I would have Lacy in there somewhere. I have no idea what his career stats are offhand. Think I would have Lacy instead of maybe Lattimore or Moreno. Still impressive we have 3 from Bama on the list.
Um 4 on the list:)

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Alabama has always been a running school. This is why I am not worried about the qb situation this year. Run the ball problem solved. 15-0.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't know his stats, but I think Arian Foster should probably be on that list. I hated it when he was in the backfield for the Viles.

I sure hope Derrick Henry has a great season. Conversations about him remind me a little of Linnie Patrick.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I don't know how you can be surprised with TJ. By the end of this year he will most likely be our all-time rushing leader which is incredibly impressive with our history.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't know how you can be surprised with TJ. By the end of this year he will most likely be our all-time rushing leader which is incredibly impressive with our history.
I understand that, but that list is ranking the 10 best SEC RB's in the BCS era, and as of now, he has only played 2 years. They seem to be ranking him based on potential somewhat. That's really why I was surprised, but when you consider that he has a higher YPC than anybody on that list, its obvious he belongs.

Henry has got most of the preseason hype, but as I said a few times lately, I expect TJ to have a huge year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We beat Arky with him and the other dude!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
Arkansas had McFadden, Felix Jones, AND Peyton Hillis. That's why the "wildhog" was so successful there. Neither of the 3 have had a ton of success in the NFL though. A couple good seasons here and there for each.

Arkansas had McFadden, Felix Jones, AND Peyton Hillis. That's why the "wildhog" was so successful there. Neither of the 3 have had a ton of success in the NFL though. A couple good seasons here and there for each.
I agree it was wildly successful. All I am saying is that we still beat them.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
We beat a Manziel led Texas A&M last year too but I was still very happy when he moved on.
I agree. I am not sure how Manziel will be in the pros, but I for one was thrilled to see him go :). And, yes Mcfadden was in my opinion a beast @ Arkansas.
Back to the list. I believe if Lacy had came back for his senior year, then he would have been
on that list. He did great @ Green Bay last year, and one can only assume that he would have done better against our schedule than Green Bays :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.