first game

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I think we can, brother!

And I hope we do...

It sounds like Coach and his staff are getting our boys ready, so I hope you enjoy the game along w all of us here on TideFans.

Rollllllllllllll Tide!!!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This brings up a great question...Is the better "romp" (Using 3 TD wins) 21-0; 35-14; or nowadays 52-31? Don't mean to turn the original thread so maybe that would be good for another thread.
21-0 or 35-14 out of those three options. I would be concerned if we give up 31 points to their offense.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think it'll be closer to 27-10 or 31-10 -- CNS is too classy to run up the score against these guys. Besides, I think our offense will struggle a tiny bit (mainly the passing game) before they get their legs. I'm ok with that but I do hope I'm wrong.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
52-14. Yeldon with about 17 carries and 155 yards, Henry with 13 carries and about 101 yards and Drake with 6 carries for 61 yards and about 5 catches for another 70 yards.

Think Sims/Coker team up for about 175 yards passing with Sims adding a few rushing.

Just my thoughts.:biggrin2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
21-0 or 35-14 out of those three options. I would be concerned if we give up 31 points to their offense.
If we win with the power running game as I'm envisioning, it will be worse than CNS wants it to be. Kinda like MSU in the Capital One Bowl. If we pound it, by the middle of the third quarter the WVU defense will be dead and we'll be gashing them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we win with the power running game as I'm envisioning, it will be worse than CNS wants it to be. Kinda like MSU in the Capital One Bowl. If we pound it, by the middle of the third quarter the WVU defense will be dead and we'll be gashing them.
I agree, and your young RBs are as good as your starters. If the O-line comes together early, this game will get ugly no matter what Saban calls. It really comes down to o-line play.

Barring a fluke play, I don't see WVU scoring a TD.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
In the interest of self-preservation I want the game to be over before it starts. Since that's not a viable option I must go for the next best thing. A score of 50 to nothing at halftime is about the best I can hope for. I was still worried, for instance, when we were up on Georgia by 31 in 2008. My pessimistic mind always thinks the worst is gonna happen. The other team could take the opening kickoff all the way back. And then they will only be down by 24!!! And so I start worrying about that. I always think like that. So for my heart's sake I want there to be such a wide gap in the score that it simply is not mathematically possible for the other team to win the game. I'm 38 years old, and I'm still waiting for that game to take place. :)

OOPS! Wrong thread!!!

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
JMO - I think the score at halftime will be no more than 14-0 or 14-3. I don't know if WV has enough offensive weapons to score much on Bama's D. That said, I think Bama's offense will take at least a half to find it's legs after misfiring on a lot of passes (remember, CNS is all about balance, and Bama could gain 10 yds every rush and he will still pass to maintain that balance), and by the 4th quarter will look like Mizzou's D against the barn in the 4th quarter of last year's SECCG; a group of matadors.
OTOH, it could be 35-0 at half and a lot of backups could get serious playing time, that will help later on in the year. I do not see less than a 21 point differential in the final score; if it is, it might be like 2011. God forbid!

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I don't think we'll run away with it -- but only because I believe that once we get up by 3 touchdowns (assuming we will by halftime at least), Coach will use that opportunity to get some actual game time experience for the younger guys and also to try some things in anticipation of upcoming games. I don't believe we'll shut them out because of that but doubt they will score more than a touchdown.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I think it'll be closer to 27-10 or 31-10 -- CNS is too classy to run up the score against these guys. Besides, I think our offense will struggle a tiny bit (mainly the passing game) before they get their legs. I'm ok with that but I do hope I'm wrong.
do you think this is still true even without Barret Jones on the squad? :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.