Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #3 - OT, Cameron Robinson****

Scouting Report
    The consensus #1 lineman in the country in this class, Robinson is a prototype left tackle. He understands positioning, space, and angles' In pass protection, he sits down and doesn't overextend himself. He maintains his balance and can quickly adjust.

And he moves extremely well when run blocking, showing the ability to bend, play low to high, and redirect. He has good leg drive, plenty of strength, and a solid punch.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
    Cam is as solid as one can hope a true freshman to be as a LT. Yes, there are question marks surrounding his pass blocking, but for 99.9% of 18 year olds, that is the case. LIttle doubt remains in the run blocking category. He runs well, moves well, and seems to be an intuitive guy. Spring helped him tremendously, though it didnt always look pretty.

WMack4Bama's Take
    Alabama is going to be breaking in a first time starter at QB this season. Perhaps no position is as important as a blindside tackle. And Coach Saban has entrusted that to a TRUE FRESHMAN. That should tell you all you need to know. If it doesn't, press play on the video above. It's a real life version of the football scenes from The Blind Side.

There has been talk about him struggling throughout camp, and he wasn't as dominant in the spring game, but we're talking about an 18 year old kid who spent the entire spring and summer going up against the absolute best defensive linemen in the country. Iron sharpens iron. Robinson is first team All-SEC as a true freshman, and he's a top 5 NFL draft pick in 2017. Bank it.
    Last edited by runtheoption22; August 24th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: ****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #3 - OT, Cameron Robinson****

He must have REALLY impressed Coach in practice and workouts for him to plug him in immediately at LT and he has been there ever since. It's great to get pickups like this that can play right away.

BamaNation Second Team

Like A'Shawn Robinson, a superior jumbo athlete in a sport dominated by jumbo athletes (though magazine covers disagree). Cyrus had great measurables, but this guy is a year or more ahead and more like Andre Smith than a wingspan guy like Cyrus. Cam is going to make money in the NFL as a RT or LT crushing ends inside for a decade. You can't teach some of what he has.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

This has got to be the fastest offensive lineman recruit I have ever seen. This guy makes the point of attack happen so quick and powerful, and just like that he's already at the second level. Wow. Wowoow
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We'll have a true freshman starting on the line this year. Hold on to your butts.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    We'll have a true freshman starting on the line this year. Hold on to your butts.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
    I just looked in the mirror. I only have one butt. You might want to see a doctor if you have multiple buttocks.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I just looked in the mirror. I only have one butt. You might want to see a doctor if you have multiple buttocks.
    Hahahahaha

You got me! I have but one butt.

Sent from my iPhone

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It's a message directed at the populace, as it was when Sam Jackson's character issued it in Jurassic Park. Thus the plural form is appropriate. He's not saying "RTR91, hold on to your butt," but rather "all y'all, hold on to your butts." If we only had one collective butt, we'd have to share it.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

I think this is one of the biggest reasons we have continued success recruiting. If you are good enough to play and better than the other players at your position you will get to start. I realize that we don't play a ton of true freshman nowadays but it keeps the recruits attention when they see a true freshman starting at this point in the Bama dynasty. Merit and hard work over seniority and complacency.

BamaNation First Team

Run-blocking he's the most impressive OL I've ever seen. All those pancakes have ruined my appetite. But did his high school team ever pass the ball? Or did the camera man visit the concession stand when they did? That has me a little concerned.

Seriously though, on rushing downs...by the end of the play you're wondering if there ever was a defensive end for Cam to block or if it was just a figment of your imagination. Total obliteration. Canine fight club, bull dog vs. shih tzu.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TouchThatThang View Post
    Run-blocking he's the most impressive OL I've ever seen. All those pancakes have ruined my appetite. But did his high school team ever pass the ball? Or did the camera man visit the concession stand when they did? That has me a little concerned.

Seriously though, on rushing downs...by the end of the play you're wondering if there ever was a defensive end for Cam to block or if it was just a figment of your imagination. Total obliteration. Canine fight club, bull dog vs. shih tzu.
    I particularly enjoyed watching him pull on trap plays....OK, slide to the right while the DL is still getting out of there stance, then BOOM goes the dynamite!
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-American

He's our starting left tackle and he's #3?

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    He's our starting left tackle and he's #3?
    Yep, crazy, isn't it? Gonna look weird on the field