****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #3 - OT, Cameron Robinson****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
The consensus #1 lineman in the country in this class, Robinson is a prototype left tackle. He understands positioning, space, and angles' In pass protection, he sits down and doesn't overextend himself. He maintains his balance and can quickly adjust.

And he moves extremely well when run blocking, showing the ability to bend, play low to high, and redirect. He has good leg drive, plenty of strength, and a solid punch.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
Cam is as solid as one can hope a true freshman to be as a LT. Yes, there are question marks surrounding his pass blocking, but for 99.9% of 18 year olds, that is the case. LIttle doubt remains in the run blocking category. He runs well, moves well, and seems to be an intuitive guy. Spring helped him tremendously, though it didnt always look pretty.

WMack4Bama's Take
Alabama is going to be breaking in a first time starter at QB this season. Perhaps no position is as important as a blindside tackle. And Coach Saban has entrusted that to a TRUE FRESHMAN. That should tell you all you need to know. If it doesn't, press play on the video above. It's a real life version of the football scenes from The Blind Side.

There has been talk about him struggling throughout camp, and he wasn't as dominant in the spring game, but we're talking about an 18 year old kid who spent the entire spring and summer going up against the absolute best defensive linemen in the country. Iron sharpens iron. Robinson is first team All-SEC as a true freshman, and he's a top 5 NFL draft pick in 2017. Bank it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He must have REALLY impressed Coach in practice and workouts for him to plug him in immediately at LT and he has been there ever since. It's great to get pickups like this that can play right away.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Like A'Shawn Robinson, a superior jumbo athlete in a sport dominated by jumbo athletes (though magazine covers disagree). Cyrus had great measurables, but this guy is a year or more ahead and more like Andre Smith than a wingspan guy like Cyrus. Cam is going to make money in the NFL as a RT or LT crushing ends inside for a decade. You can't teach some of what he has.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
This has got to be the fastest offensive lineman recruit I have ever seen. This guy makes the point of attack happen so quick and powerful, and just like that he's already at the second level. Wow. Wowoow

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We'll have a true freshman starting on the line this year. Hold on to your butts.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
I just looked in the mirror. I only have one butt. You might want to see a doctor if you have multiple buttocks.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I just looked in the mirror. I only have one butt. You might want to see a doctor if you have multiple buttocks.
It's a message directed at the populace, as it was when Sam Jackson's character issued it in Jurassic Park. Thus the plural form is appropriate. He's not saying "RTR91, hold on to your butt," but rather "all y'all, hold on to your butts." If we only had one collective butt, we'd have to share it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think this is one of the biggest reasons we have continued success recruiting. If you are good enough to play and better than the other players at your position you will get to start. I realize that we don't play a ton of true freshman nowadays but it keeps the recruits attention when they see a true freshman starting at this point in the Bama dynasty. Merit and hard work over seniority and complacency.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Run-blocking he's the most impressive OL I've ever seen. All those pancakes have ruined my appetite. But did his high school team ever pass the ball? Or did the camera man visit the concession stand when they did? That has me a little concerned.

Seriously though, on rushing downs...by the end of the play you're wondering if there ever was a defensive end for Cam to block or if it was just a figment of your imagination. Total obliteration. Canine fight club, bull dog vs. shih tzu.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Run-blocking he's the most impressive OL I've ever seen. All those pancakes have ruined my appetite. But did his high school team ever pass the ball? Or did the camera man visit the concession stand when they did? That has me a little concerned.

Seriously though, on rushing downs...by the end of the play you're wondering if there ever was a defensive end for Cam to block or if it was just a figment of your imagination. Total obliteration. Canine fight club, bull dog vs. shih tzu.
I particularly enjoyed watching him pull on trap plays....OK, slide to the right while the DL is still getting out of there stance, then BOOM goes the dynamite!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My package with my cable distributor includes several US chanels. So yes, I get most of the games in Québec. The only team that we get all games every year in Québec is Notre Dame. I know I know poor me !
I feel for you friend. If I miss a single play it bothers me. Maybe you will get a chance to come watch the Tide at Bryant-Denny sometime soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.