Ice Bucket Challenge Goes Awry For Kentucky Firefighters

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Another update - as of today the ice bucket challenge has raised over $62.5 million - that's $40 million in the last four days.

A genius concept in retrospect. Everyone from local scout troops to major charities will be ripping this off for years...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Another update - as of today the ice bucket challenge has raised over $62.5 million - that's $40 million in the last four days.

A genius concept in retrospect. Everyone from local scout troops to major charities will be ripping this off for years...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
OK?

I guess the huge amount spent helping the families dealing with ALS isn't important, only research is?

And frankly, the percentages will likely change dramatically with this windfall of cash.

That said, the (two) families I know who are suffering from ALS consider the ALSA to be a vital organization. That's all I need to know. But if you're looking for an excuse not to donate, run with whatever you want.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
OK?

I guess the huge amount spent helping the families dealing with ALS isn't important, only research is?

And frankly, the percentages will likely change dramatically with this windfall of cash.

That said, the (two) families I know who are suffering from ALS consider the ALSA to be a vital organization. That's all I need to know. But if you're looking for an excuse not to donate, run with whatever you want.
Just pointing out a fact. Same thing happened when the tornado came through T-Town. A lot of people donated to certain funds and those scammers took the money and ran with it. Just saying maybe research where your money is going and what its being used for. I donate to plenty of charities/funds and I make sure the majority of my money goes to the cause and not to "other program activities."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just pointing out a fact. Same thing happened when the tornado came through T-Town. A lot of people donated to certain funds and those scammers took the money and ran with it. Just saying maybe research where your money is going and what its being used for. I donate to plenty of charities/funds and I make sure the majority of my money goes to the cause and not to "other program activities."
Well, let's be fair, this fact "has not been audited or reviewed by the auditors and is not part of their financial reports." The data from ALSA doesn't match this tweet.

The reality is there is more awareness of ALS and its horrible impact on families than ever before and more money is being funneled not only to research but to those in need. But again, if you don't want to donate, don't. No one is compelling you to do so.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I don't like being guilted into giving to a specific charity or cause. To me, this is the social media equivalent of kids running up to you at stop lights with buckets or volunteer fireman blocking intersections.

I was challenged and gave to the local United Way instead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.