Beaten to death at McDonalds

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
My response didn't mention race - I'd not stop if it was 400 white people in the parking lot. That many people in one place at 2AM is a recipe for trouble, regardless of race.

But go ahead and play that race card...
I never mentioned you or quoted you. I never even thought about you when I wrote that but you felt the need to defend yourself. I find that pretty interesting.

If you think that I'm the one playing the race card you clearly don't know what that phrase means. There were multiple pages bringing up race before I even saw this thread. By no stretch of the imagination am I the one playing the race card.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
My response didn't mention race - I'd not stop if it was 400 white people in the parking lot. That many people in one place at 2AM is a recipe for trouble, regardless of race.

But go ahead and play that race card...
I don't care what the racial mix of the crowd is. If I see a McDonald's at 2 AM with 300 people milling around, some without shirts on, I ain't stopping. Nothing good is going to come of a situation like that. Forget the fact that it'll take you for ever to get some of the worst food in the known universe. Not blaming the victims, but I just can't imagine how somebody could think it was a good idea to try to go there under those conditions.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I never mentioned you or quoted you. I never even thought about you when I wrote that but you felt the need to defend yourself. I find that pretty interesting.

If you think that I'm the one playing the race card you clearly don't know what that phrase means. There were multiple pages bringing up race before I even saw this thread. By no stretch of the imagination am I the one playing the race card.
My imagination must be stretched. But you are just one of several playing cards.

Those young white folks had been drinking all night. Clouded their judgement. If i pulled into anyplace that had 400 young folks of any color around and 40 of them were fighting in the parking lot, my tail lights would be disappearing into the distance. Should they have been beaten? Absolutely not.

Note that the people were killed when the Crisp girl ran a red light on the way to the hospital and ran into a pick up truck. None of them were wearing seat belts.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If i pulled into anyplace that had 400 young folks of any color around and 40 of them were fighting in the parking lot, my tail lights would be disappearing into the distance.
I totally understand your point (and I agree, I'd be long gone) -- but let's look at this from a scientific approach -- think of this as a global warming exercise.....if that helps.

If I told you that "400 people, mostly males, were hanging around and fighting in a parking lot of a McDonald's" -- are you telling me that RACE would never enter your thought process? Not even for a second?

Why is it that facts, figures, statistics all get thrown in the garbage when one of the races involved in an incident is white and the other is black? If it was 2 black guys beaten to death by 40 other black guys, no one would care or report it. If it was 2 white guys beaten to death by 40 white guys, no one reports on it. If it was 2 black guys beaten to death by 40 white guys -- the entire world would explode --

Then how can anyone not think that the race card has to be played --

It sounds to me that you are blaming the white guys for "drinking all night" -- what if they had been two white girls and had been raped -- would you have blamed the girls for "drinking all night" -- and thus, by some insane argument, deserved it? Or maybe you would have blamed them for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Just because people want equal outrage for equal situations -- doesn't mean that they are racist

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I totally understand your point (and I agree, I'd be long gone) -- but let's look at this from a scientific approach -- think of this as a global warming exercise.....if that helps.

If I told you that "400 people, mostly males, were hanging around and fighting in a parking lot of a McDonald's" -- are you telling me that RACE would never enter your thought process? Not even for a second?

Why is it that facts, figures, statistics all get thrown in the garbage when one of the races involved in an incident is white and the other is black? If it was 2 black guys beaten to death by 40 other black guys, no one would care or report it. If it was 2 white guys beaten to death by 40 white guys, no one reports on it. If it was 2 black guys beaten to death by 40 white guys -- the entire world would explode --

It sounds to me that you are blaming the white guys for "drinking all night" -- what if they had been two white girls and had been raped -- would you have blamed the girls for "drinking all night" -- and thus, by some insane argument, deserved it? Or maybe you would have blamed them for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Just because people want equal outrage for equal situations -- doesn't mean that they are racist

Because it is a political and social game for people like Al Sharpton and others who think like him to gain something out of it. That's why.

And what's worse is there are actually white people who go along with it and shake their head in agreement at everyone ignorant and racist comment that comes out of his mouth.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Yeah, you'd think that would be obvious. But then again white people don't determine what's racist or not.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Excellent post Brother Cajun. Especially about the drunk girls. Some good points.
There is a comedian who once said in answer to the question "What would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?" The reply: "a pretty white girl because they never stop looking for pretty white chicks."

Why the insertion of a joke into this thread? The same reason that the media pushes the white on black violence is the same reason they push the pretty missing white girl narrative. Ratings. Pure and simple.

White on black violence has two demographics guaranteed to watch. The black, disadvantaged viewer who has accepted the narrative that "the man" is keeping them down. The other is represented by many on this board who think it's all hooey and anyone in the projects deserves it and actually like it.

As an aside, many are ticked at Holder and Obama after Trayvon and this recent shooting. Not many people remember but it didn't become an issue for the president until the media inflamed the issue and the stuffed suits like sharpton fanned the disadvantaged populace (2 weeks after the shooting if I recall). My point is that while I don't think Obama treats all issues like this equally (ex black on white violence) he isn't allowed to remain silent by the media who once they find a story to milk force the issue to be addressed.

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
So is the mindless killing you are referencing that of the cop killing Mike? Do we know if it was a mindless killing or self defense?
Mine was specifically referencing the mob at McDonalds. But in all honesty, I'm asking in reference to any of the murdering activities that are going on related to gangs, drugs, etc.

From the start, I've taken a wait and see approach on the Mike Brown case and in my first post on that thread mentioned that it seemed kinda fishy for a cop to shoot a kid for no reason (which was the narrative at the time of writing).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There is no way I would have taken my family there. Don't care how post-racial people think it is. IT'S NOT! That's just unbelievable. Purely unbelievable. No one said the N-word believe that other than the aggressors! I wish the cop would have just sprayed the crowd with the AR. Another reason why I don't feel bad about Mike.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
Yes! No thinking middle-class black guy would have pulled in there either...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Mine was specifically referencing the mob at McDonalds. But in all honesty, I'm asking in reference to any of the murdering activities that are going on related to gangs, drugs, etc.

From the start, I've taken a wait and see approach on the Mike Brown case and in my first post on that thread mentioned that it seemed kinda fishy for a cop to shoot a kid for no reason (which was the narrative at the time of writing).
Agreed. My initial comment was in regard to the cop shooting him based on "eye-witness" reports. However, we're now finding out 1) how biased those reports are and 2) that young Mr. brown wasn't the virgin saint that everyone was stating he was.

So I'm like you, I've pulled back to wait and see. I don't know if we'll find out the full truth but with the governor and the DOJ and even Prez weighing in on this "racial injustice," I'm not sure the officer has a snow ball's chance in hell of getting "due process."

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
If I drove by a Mcdonalds late at night and it was a bunch of black youths with their shirts off I would drive on. If I drove by a Mcdonalds late at night and their was a bunch of white youths with their shirts off hanging out I would pull in and get out of the car with a beer in my hand and ask what is going on?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.