Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

ATH Kerryon Johnson Commits to Auburn

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Johnson-143485

http://www.alabamaintel.com/articles...it-to-capstone

He just dominated the 3A state championship game as a sophomore. Played pretty big last year in the championship game as a freshman in a losing effort. Good looking athlete. Tough runner with the ball, but looks the part of a great DB. Looks like there is mutual interest. Long way to signing day 2015!!
    I'm a lead farmer

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2015 Athlete Kerryon Johnson

He's from my high school, first state championship in school and county history and he was a huge part of it. I know his brother, Kerron Johnson, who is the starting PG in basketball at Belmont and helped take them to the tournament last year. There's definitely some athletiscm in that family. But from what I know Kerron is a big FSU fan, no clue what Kerryon is though. Heard he went down to the Iron Bowl for a visit this year too so there's definitely is interest. Definitely hope he Roll's with the Tide. He's an unbelievable athlete as an RB and DB.

Oh, and just a plug for my old school, Jordan Matthews from Vandy went their too and he's dominating now! Hope Kerryon can help start an SEC tradition
    Last edited by Johnnyb; December 6th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Tidaltown, USA

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One question: is Madison Academy a private academy? If so, I think that is kinda unfair to let them compete against public schools.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    One question: is Madison Academy a private academy? If so, I think that is kinda unfair to let them compete against public schools.
    There are several Montgomery private schools that compete in AHSAA events.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

They are private. Rule changes mean that every student counts as 1 1/2 students as far as sports classifications. So they are a large 1a or small 2a school playing 3a competition.

Roll Tide
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation First Team yesitsmed23's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

He's been to t-town quite a few times and if he doesn't play bball anywhere then he will roll with the tide!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    They are private. Rule changes mean that every student counts as 1 1/2 students as far as sports classifications. So they are a large 1a or small 2a school playing 3a competition.

Roll Tide
    They still have the opportunity to grant-aid exceptional athletes which is something a public school in 3A certainly can't do...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    They still have the opportunity to grant-aid exceptional athletes which is something a public school in 3A certainly can't do...
    St. Paul's in Mobile is a 5A school. According to its website, they do not offer any academic or athletic scholarships.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To get it back on topic: I watched the game on the internet feed today, both their backs - Kerryon and the freshmen - looked like FBS power conference tier players in the making. I get the feeling the Freshman, Miller, will grow into a LB before he graduates high school. Kerryon Johnson is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. He's already got exceptional vision built on the fact that they use a zone block scheme where cutback ability is key.

If he can keep his head on straight and continue to grow, I think he could contribute at Alabama in a few years. It's not often you see a small high school use a scheme with such a great deal of transferability to what we run on offense. Madison Academy is a pure zone-block team and it will only help Kerryon develop more into a top prospect for us at tailback down the line.

He's a "must get" for the staff and I do believe they've been on top of him since last season.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post

Roll Tide
    Actually 1.35 in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    St. Paul's in Mobile is a 5A school. According to its website, they do not offer any academic or athletic scholarships.
    FWIW all of them claim they do not offer scholarships. I was actually recruited by a private school in the late 90's for baseball and basketball so I KNOW it's true. All of them may not but you better believe the majority of them do.

Kerryon is a beast on the field. He dominated last year as well but Handley's comeback cost him the MVP last year as well more than likely. Being so young though there is no telling where he ends up on the field at this point.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    FWIW all of them claim they do not offer scholarships. I was actually recruited by a private school in the late 90's for baseball and basketball so I KNOW it's true. All of them may not but you better believe the majority of them do.

Kerryon is a beast on the field. He dominated last year as well but Handley's comeback cost him the MVP last year as well more than likely. Being so young though there is no telling where he ends up on the field at this point.
    My brother-in-law played in the soccer state championships one year. After the game, a booster from a private school walked up to him and told him they would pay for an apartment for him and parents.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    My brother-in-law played in the soccer state championships one year. After the game, a booster from a private school walked up to him and told him they would pay for an apartment for him and parents.
    I believe it. Me and my best friend were invited to "visit" the school like a college trip and met all the teachers and students and were paraded around there like we were All-Americans. Then we had conference calls from the AD, Coach, and Principal about what was expected of us, etc. but we wound up turning them down to stay with our roots (a K-12 school we started and finished at). Probably should have went but didn't. It was $250 a month back in 1997 that was all paid by the school.

My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Not denying any of that, but don't think it's the case with this kid. He's been there for a while. Good family. Head on straight. All siblings have gone through the school from elementary if not mistaken. Regardless, if he is this good as a sophomore and continues to develop, I'd like to see him in crimson... And the big freshman running back too.
    I'm a lead farmer