Are We Still Recruting Auburn 4* DT Commit Jauntavius Johnson..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was able to watch Jauntavius play my old high school football team Walter Wellborn tonight & while he's a big body for sure, that's as much credit I can give the big boy..For a 6-3 330lb body..Our smaller boys literally pushed him around at the LOS & I seen one of our player that was at the most 5-7 175-180lbs soaking wet, pancake Jauntavius 3-4 times..I was embarrassed for the boy & many of us armchair QB experts in the stands, were all scratching our heads, at the way our Boys manhandled him at the LOS..He made a couple good tackles, but, that was when our RB literally ran straight into his grasp..

I don't claim to be an expert on recruiting, but, I wouldn't be disappointed should he keep his commitment to The Barn..I've seen Bradley Bozeman play Wellborn a couple years ago, when we played Handley, and "Boz" was a man among boys, he completely destroyed our Boys & picked them up off the ground, and did it again the very next play..Jauntavius didn't dominate like "Boz" did & looked a lot slower in comparison, and didn't look no where near as strong as "Boz" did either..I'm not trying to downgrade Juantavius, but, I was curious if we're still recruiting him..

Having said all that..Lincoln looks like they have the talent to make a run at the State Title, but, I'm not sure they have the coaching needed to make it deep into State..Lincoln does have a K/Punter I hope we take a look at..The kid has a helluva leg, as a matter of fact, he had prolly the absolute strongest leg I've seen on the high school level at place kicking..He didn't have a chance to kick any FG's, but, the dude was pounding 55-60yrds kicks dead center of the goal post & he was consistently punting the ball 50-55yrd punts during practice as well..I don't know his name, but, Mods if y'all know any folks close to the University recruiting department...Maybe y'all can pass that lil tidbit off to them about Lincoln's KPK/P..He's got one of the better legs in the State, if not, the nation as far as that goes..

Here's Juantavius's 247 Profile..CLICK ME

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From what I've seen, we offered him but weren't going to take his commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From what I've seen, we offered him but weren't going to take his commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand the idea of a "commitable offer" and I understand the concept of an offer that is dependent upon players higher up on the recruiting board, but I wish there was a way in recruiting for the general public to understand this concept.

I hate it when a player without a commitable offer accepts another schools commitable offer and it's protrayed as that player choosing another school over Bama when that's completely not true.

But sounds like Bama isn't missing too much on this one!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.