****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #2 - CB, Tony Brown****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
Tony Brown has all the physical attributes one looks for in a cornerback. He has elite level speed, fluid hips, the size to cover big receivers and a long wingspan that allows him to make up ground and make a play when all else fails. He is a weapon off the edge on the blitz and is just as comfortable in zone coverage as he is in man-to-man. He is a supremely confident defender who has shown the ability to shut down his side of the field.

BigEasyTider's Take

runtheoption22's Take
Stud. Not many simply come out of high school looking like this kid. He is long, mean, quick, almost perfect hips.... he's the real deal. He was born to be a CNS cornerback. He will be in NYC 3.5 years being called out on the 1st day. Of the current team, there are a handful of players that just exude confidence, leadership, and respect- and he is one of them.

WMack4Bama's Take
It's a great time to be a Bama fan. Tony Brown is already a chiseled ball of muscle who is going to contribute in a big way right away. He is a natural athlete (his older sister is a track star at LSU, and he is an accomplished track athlete himself as he's on Bama's track & field team). His size, hips, instincts, and overall SWAG (as the young people say) make him protypical CB. He has no lack of confidence, which is how he was able to step right in in the spring game and make big plays after being picked on early. Brown could very well be All-SEC this season. And he'll be a 2017 first round NFL draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
IMHO Tony has SEC star and NFL written all over him. Tony has the attitude and talent. Sure, we will see him get beat on plays this year, but we will have highlight INT's.
If you want to be really impressed .. watch the Nike SPARQ videos of his 40 yard dash and shuttle run. That was a laser timed 4.35

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's going to be great to see him and Humphrey on the field the next few years. I think barring injury we have the CB's we have always dreamed out with size speed and the "it" factor. Two lockdowns on the field at the same time. Going to be great!!

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
First of all, thanks to Mack, RTO, and BET for the countdown. I have really enjoyed reading each one of them, and I appreciate the work that went into preparing the reviews.

If possible, I'd love to have more insight into your quote:

Brown could very well be All-SEC this season.
To receive All-SEC honors, a kid would have to get quite a bit of playing time. Yet, from what I've read so far, last year's corners have the starting CB jobs locked down ... for now, at least. Do you foresee Brown taking over one of the primary CB positions in short order? And by "All-SEC" do you mean All-SEC Freshman or honest-to-goodness All-SEC?!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.