Chinese execute 8 involved in 2013 terrorist attack

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, but the death penalty doesn't deter crime (or something like that). (Of course it doesn't when you live 15 years or more filing appeals).
This is the truth and has been proven by many studies. It's important that the punishment be sure and prompt, otherwise there just isn't any deterrent effect...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hey, yah, let's be more like China!

Swift justice is much easier when you don't really care whether the person you're killing is innocent or guilty.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This is the truth and has been proven by many studies. It's important that the punishment be sure and prompt, otherwise there just isn't any deterrent effect...
Personally, I'd rather be executed than spend life in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Agreed.

By the same token, we have that little problem of actually executing an innocent person, too.....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Agreed.

By the same token, we have that little problem of actually executing an innocent person, too.....
So here's my thought on that. With today's technology, if you rape, molest a kid, or murder someone, I think you should have a year to prove your innocence and then get lit up, shot, hung, head chopped off or whatever. With DNA tests what they are, I just think it's becoming more and more difficult to say "That's not my blood, semen, hair, fingerprints, etc." Now, I do think all death cases need to reviewed by an outside, independent agency such as the FBI because even local crime labs are subject to concern (See Houston's lab issues several years ago.) If that review delays the case a few months, so be it. Let's get it right.

If a cop willfully/knowingly mishandles evidence and causes someone innocent to be put to death, I think the cop is now guilty of murder and he/she should be put to death as well. I think this would be a deterrent once a few cops get lit up as well to make sure they did the right thing. I would even throw in governmental crimes, such as bribing politicians or other fiscal mismanagement (Yes, I know that would wipe out all of Congress, our Whitehouse and all our state legislatures too) but, it's a start. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.