Question: Just for fun....who will the starting quarterback be in our first game?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Namath then Stabler... BUT... If Joe guarantees a win, he could play 4 quarters...
(Bad knees and all) ;)

Back to the future...
Sims, then Cooper. (Or, vice Versa)
Both should do well against WV.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I supect BS will get the start against WVU. Like most believe Coker will see action early too.

I wouldn't be suprised if they don't rotate series or go two then the other two.

And unless one cracks under pressure or just plays undeniably better than the other, I would suspect that Coker might start game two with the same rotation series.

I agree that by Florida CNS have settled on one of them for primary pt.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I believe Blake will be our QB this year with Coker coming in for mop up duty. Sims will be serviceable in the passing game and outstanding threat when scrambling. I see that we are going to have two one-year starters the next couple of years.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
For the third time in posting this in different threads. Blake Sims will start. Just my opinion from what Coach Saban has said. By the way, what has he said?

How long the starter plays will be determined by his performance.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I believe Blake will be our QB this year with Coker coming in for mop up duty. Sims will be serviceable in the passing game and outstanding threat when scrambling. I see that we are going to have two one-year starters the next couple of years.
If so, we'll have three new starters in three years if you are projecting BS (2014) Coker (2015) and new starter for 2016.

If we can win (championships are all that really matter) with that type of turnover at the qb position that's fine, but I not a fan of that much turnover and don't suspect it'll translate into a new run of championships.

FWIW, if Coker can't win the starting role at some time this year, I'm not sure he'll start next year with David Cornwell and Blake Barnett competing.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I think we'll take a page outta Sean Payton's book and let Sims play a few snaps, then when he makes a big play put Coker in, when he Coker starts feelin it put Sims back in, rinse, repeat, sprinkling in a few tasteful servings of Cooper Bateman here and there. Gotta keep 'em fresh.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If so, we'll have three new starters in three years if you are projecting BS (2014) Coker (2015) and new starter for 2016.

If we can win (championships are all that really matter) with that type of turnover at the qb position that's fine, but I not a fan of that much turnover and don't suspect it'll translate into a new run of championships.

FWIW, if Coker can't win the starting role at some time this year, I'm not sure he'll start next year with David Cornwell and Blake Barnett competing.
you are aware that people graduate right?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
you are aware that people graduate right?
No, I thought we ran a pro program. :rolleyes:

Coolbreeze proposed that Sims will play this year (he'll graduate/run out of eligibility) Coker would graduate the next year (out of eligibility) and then I said, if that happens, it means we'll have a new starter in 2016 again.

Actually what I said supports the idea Sims and Coker are supposed to graduate.

FWIW, nothing against Blake, but I hope Coker gets it and can be a dynamic qb for the next two years so we don't have so much turnover at the qb position.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.