Question: Just for fun....who will the starting quarterback be in our first game?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If Morris masters the system, with his arm it would be awesome for him to shine his last 2-3 yrs of eligibility. He's actually in a great position right now to be the man (next).
Yea. All four of them probably feel like they are in a great position to be the next QB. That's why I think several will transfer, which is probably expected by the staff as well.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I predict this:
Morris, Bateman and Cronwell competing for a job next year. Sims/Coker leaves for NFL and compete for a starting job together. The three remaining QBs will fight.. and all will transfer at unexpected time. We will turn to Henry to throw the ball on wildcat offenses and we still march to the glory days... *side eye*

Yea. All four of them probably feel like they are in a great position to be the next QB. That's why I think several will transfer, which is probably expected by the staff as well.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
on a serious note, and as a fan, I am reading that basically the difference between coker and sims is his 4 years of prepping for the qb job, and he has of course, a better relationship with his team mates. well, as a serious fan, I want the qb with best arm, especially downfield. I imagine that both qbs can hand off well. they have a strong group of rbs, and great wide receivers, tight end. it is my feelings that what the team needs is a downfield threat. we have all the tools on offense, except still waiting on the off line to jell. if we don't have a downfield threat, every team will load up the box, and force two or three yard passes. I glad that sims has been thru the trials of qb his whole career at bama, and he is commended for it. but, I have not seen anything to equip him for the regular qb job. the term game manager will always apply at Alabama until we recruit and trust a qb that can pass and run a offense with powerful rush game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
on a serious note, and as a fan, I am reading that basically the difference between coker and sims is his 4 years of prepping for the qb job, and he has of course, a better relationship with his team mates. well, as a serious fan, I want the qb with best arm, especially downfield. I imagine that both qbs can hand off well. they have a strong group of rbs, and great wide receivers, tight end. it is my feelings that what the team needs is a downfield threat. we have all the tools on offense, except still waiting on the off line to jell. if we don't have a downfield threat, every team will load up the box, and force two or three yard passes. I glad that sims has been thru the trials of qb his whole career at bama, and he is commended for it. but, I have not seen anything to equip him for the regular qb job. the term game manager will always apply at Alabama until we recruit and trust a qb that can pass and run a offense with powerful rush game.
Sims had the advantage over Coker simply by having the timing down with the WRs through years of practice. That goes a long way when talking about a 5 yard hitch route in man coverage.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Breaking news! Saban has finally named his starting QB for this Saturday day. It's going to be... Tide HSV!
Breaking, breaking news: Earle had a knee injury at practice today. As he stepped on the field he simultaneosly tore his ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL. The medical staff is hopeful he can receive an extra year with a medical redshirt.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Breaking, breaking news: Earle had a knee injury at practice today. As he stepped on the field he simultaneosly tore his ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL. The medical staff is hopeful he can receive an extra year with a medical redshirt.
I did actually have that happen once. It was my 13th knee surgery. Well, twice if you count the time I was running with the bears while hiking from Lookout Mountain to Berlin. I hurt the knee in Georgia and had to hop one-legged until I duct taped a tent pole to either side of the knee to give it some stability. It worked until the other knee blew out as well. That accounts for knee surgeries 19, 20, and 21. The left needed a revision 6 months later. I hiked Mt. Everest the following week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.