Question: Just for fun....who will the starting quarterback be in our first game?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think we'll take a page outta Sean Payton's book and let Sims play a few snaps, then when he makes a big play put Coker in, when he Coker starts feelin it put Sims back in, rinse, repeat, sprinkling in a few tasteful servings of Cooper Bateman here and there. Gotta keep 'em fresh.
LOL!!! So like me you also can't stand how he has criminally underutilized the talents of Mark Ingram. I hate the 'Aints' for not letting the Man be the Man and also for not trading him to another team that will give him a real shot.

On Topic: I see Blake being the Starting QB now for the unforeseeable future with Coker getting a few series simliar to how 2011 started with AJ and Phillip rotating. If by the Florida game Blake has not done anything to lose the job coupled with Coker not playing extremely better in comparison then Blake will be the #1 all year. For Coker to start at this point he is going to have to earn it in decisive fashion and so far he hasn't separated himself at all.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No, I thought we ran a pro program. :rolleyes:

Coolbreeze proposed that Sims will play this year (he'll graduate/run out of eligibility) Coker would graduate the next year (out of eligibility) and then I said, if that happens, it means we'll have a new starter in 2016 again.

Actually what I said supports the idea Sims and Coker are supposed to graduate.

FWIW, nothing against Blake, but I hope Coker gets it and can be a dynamic qb for the next two years so we don't have so much turnover at the qb position.

so let me get this straight, the only reason you want Coker to start is because he will be at Bama an extra year?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
so let me get this straight, the only reason you want Coker to start is because he will be at Bama an extra year?
Actually, I want the best player to start....just like every other fan on this board.

But I do see the benefit of having a guy start back to back years and yes, I'd like to see him win the job for that reason, but only if he's better than Sims.

I would hope it would be self explanatory that I'd only want Coker to start only if he's better. If it's Sims then I hope he leads us to a NC and then one of our younger guys gets the nod next year.

hartleyb

Scout Team
Jan 9, 2009
Actually, I want the best player to start....just like every other fan on this board.

But I do see the benefit of having a guy start back to back years and yes, I'd like to see him win the job for that reason, but only if he's better than Sims.

I would hope it would be self explanatory that I'd only want Coker to start only if he's better. If it's Sims then I hope he leads us to a NC and then one of our younger guys gets the nod next year.
I have to admit, I thought it would be Coker who gets the nod, now I believe Sims starts.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I think we'll take a page outta Sean Payton's book and let Sims play a few snaps, then when he makes a big play put Coker in, when he Coker starts feelin it put Sims back in, rinse, repeat, sprinkling in a few tasteful servings of Cooper Bateman here and there. Gotta keep 'em fresh.
I'm guessing....that you are referring to the Mark Ingram ..put him in one play and take him out .Laawwwd, I hope we don't do it with our QB's. Please let someone step up and take control of this team.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Sims gets the start as a courtesy for being in the system so long and being popular with the team. I think we then rotate Sims/Coker by quarters with Bateman possibly getting some snaps if we're ahead by 3/4 TDs towards the end of the game. Major mistakes turnovers could change the rotation.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sims gets the start as a courtesy for being in the system so long and being popular with the team. I think we then rotate Sims/Coker by quarters with Bateman possibly getting some snaps if we're ahead by 3/4 TDs towards the end of the game. Major mistakes turnovers could change the rotation.
Bateman was working with the scout team and Alec Morris was the 3rd QB in the last practice..

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I'm not so sure everyone wants the best player to start. Many here have a favorite apparently.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think Sims will start and play the first few series. Coker will come in and do the same. This will continue until one of them clearly separate themselves - and I don't mean for just the WVU game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.