Question: Just for fun....who will the starting quarterback be in our first game?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Coker and Sims will most likely be co starters so who actually "starts" shouldn't matter. Both will play in the game and have a chance to prove themselves..

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Blake will start and will probably go a few series. Then Coker will play. It will be like this for a few weeks. I think we will know the definite starter by the Florida game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I agree it will be Blake Sims.

WV is not expected to win or even be competitive (nothing personal WV) so at some point logic dictates the score will favor an opportunity to do some QB swapping.

It's going to be an interesting game just from the standpoint of QB evaluation.

Hard to believe it's only six more days - whoa!!!!! :)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I just hope if it is a blowout that CNS lets both QBs continue to throw some the entire game. We have a knack of just trying to run the clock out when we get ahead but with the QB situation as it is I would like to see Jake and Blake play and throw a lot throughout the entire game..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
ArDarius Stewart lines up in the wildcat on the first play.

Seriously, Blake gets the start. Both will have significant playing time, though.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm hesitant to state my reasons except to say that part of it is sociological and CNS is a master at avoiding team controversy. I think Blake starts under center and stays until it's out of hand (presuming this happens) or until it's decided Coker needs a shot.

Then again - given CNS history, don't even be surprised if a name none of us is considering takes the first snap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.