What would be your choice for the first game of the season - if not W.V.?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
West Virginia is a nice change and someone we have not played much if at all. I would not mind seeing the other teams mentioned as well. Nebraska would make for a nice traditional match up.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I am surprise no one said auburn..
I have been wanting them in our first 5 games of the season for the longest time.
With all the bad water under the bridge and animosity between the 2 schools, an early game would negate and alleviate the heated rivalry. Not too mention, playing them early makes auburn irrelevant since they need Alabama at the end of the season and the Iron Bowl to be so!!

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
I am surprise no one said auburn..
I have been wanting them in our first 5 games of the season for the longest time.
With all the bad water under the bridge and animosity between the 2 schools, an early game would negate and alleviate the heated rivalry. Not too mention, playing them early makes auburn irrelevant since they need Alabama at the end of the season and the Iron Bowl to be so!!
without reading any of these posts I picked auburn also.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Re: What would be your choice for the frist game of the season - if not W.V.?

Since I live in Dallas, TX, I want TCU, Texas Tech, North Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Rice, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or anywhere within a 6 hour drive.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I want Oklahoma bad, but I want them in the playoffs. Let's have every eye on an epic beating.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I want to say Alabama A and M, UAB, Alabama State, UNA, (Ya'll catch the drift?)

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

North Carolina, because I love close to Chapel Hill :). If not UNC, I would agree with the Barn. Get that game over with early, and if they did luck up, then it would not be as big of a blow than at the end of the year.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

The last team that won against Bama. Because I don't believe any team can do it twice in a row.

Roll Tide!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I want Nebraska or Arizona state home and home, but I have to admit the line up starting this week thru 2016 actually is great for me.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Let's see, we're talking about breaking in a new starter at quarterback. Beyond that, we need both to see enough playing time for the coaches to get a decent evaluation. I don't see why anyone would want that to occur in a difficult game.

How about Maryland? They reach a big market, and they play in the Big 10. I think everyone needs to be periodically reminded how much most of the teams in that conference suck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.