It's that time again. Pick The Score: West Virginia vs. Alabama

hailwvu

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2013
Morgantown, WV
bama eleventy billion
wvu zero

unless saban calls off the dogs since he's from about 20 minutes from here, in which case it might be something more like 38-17

hailwvu

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2013
Morgantown, WV
Here's to an injury-free affair on both sides and a successful rest of the year as well.
thanks, i think most mountaineer fans just hope not to get run out of the dome. there's not a lot of optimism around motown with coach holgs these days, he's got to have a heck of a season i believe to save his job. oliver luck's job may be tied to holgs as well...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
thanks, i think most mountaineer fans just hope not to get run out of the dome. there's not a lot of optimism around motown with coach holgs these days, he's got to have a heck of a season i believe to save his job. oliver luck's job may be tied to holgs as well...
A serious question since I don't keep up with WV fan sentiments: What are the chances Rich Rod is ever welcomed back? I'd think nil to none, but not much success since he left. Any other coaches that peak Mountaineer interests?

hailwvu

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2013
Morgantown, WV
A serious question since I don't keep up with WV fan sentiments: What are the chances Rich Rod is ever welcomed back? I'd think nil to none, but not much success since he left. Any other coaches that peak Mountaineer interests?
i'd also say nil to none, but you never know. the bigger issue is probably the AD, oliver luck, who's brilliant idea it was to get us in the BIG 12. many things have been done right under his tenure, but he's had a fair share of questionable things as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure enough about you offense yet to predict a score, but your defense looks intimidating. I don't see them scoring unless you give them a short field.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Anyone predicting a blowout is insane.

Alabama 31
W. Virginia 20

Based on what?

In the past 3 seasons WV has given up 348 points, 495 points and 400 points, mostly against less than quality competition.

What makes you think they are going to be competitive with the most talented team in CFB coached by the best HC in CFB?

Forget the QB situation, our power running game will grind them down and it shouldn't take that long.

BTW, our QB situation will be just fine, we are more talented at the position now than we've been under Coach Saban so far. Same for the RB and receiver corps.

Do you really think we're gonna struggle in this game?

:conf2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Forget the QB situation, our power running game will grind them down and it shouldn't take that long.

BTW, our QB situation will be just fine, we are more talented at the position now than we've been under Coach Saban so far. Same for the RB and receiver corps.

Do you really think we're gonna struggle in this game?

:conf2:
It's hard ignore the qb issue. Our great receivers need a qb to get them the ball and our great running backs need a qb to soften up the box the defense will load.

I think we'll have a greater appreciation for AJM after the first game or two. His jr. year he had 30 td to 3 ints IIRC. Yeah, we'll miss that.

I think we'll be ok eventually, but I do think the offense might struggle a little out of the gate the first few games.

It's hard ignore the qb issue. Our great receivers need a qb to get them the ball and our great running backs need a qb to soften up the box the defense will load.

I think we'll have a greater appreciation for AJM after the first game or two. His jr. year he had 30 td to 3 ints IIRC. Yeah, we'll miss that.

I think we'll be ok eventually, but I do think the offense might struggle a little out of the gate the first few games.
I give it a qtr, maybe two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you are right!!! It's one time I hope I'm wrong with my gut feeling!
I do think though that they both will press in the beginning, and then one will step up. I'm not sure which one.

With AJ and Sims, from what I remember, neither lit it up in the beginning. The coaches made a call and thankfully it was the right one. It's not goin to be that way this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.