It's that time again. Pick The Score: West Virginia vs. Alabama

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
WV hasn't shown they have any kind of defense, and IMO their offense will going against the best in the country. They will be lucky to score 10 points, and it will almost assuredly be because of turnovers if they do. If not, and WV hangs 21 or 28 on Bama, it's gonna be a longer season than I'd like.
I don't see the final score being close, but Bama could be slow out of the gate. Halftime could be 10-0 or 14 -3.
So, with that, I'll go with 41-6.

Lsmith9523

Oct 20, 2013
Covington, GA
I say 38-14 Bama. Usually the first of the season, we have to get settled and find our groove, but I am hoping for a different beginning. I hope Bama comes out on fire and sets the stage for a powerhouse year. Roll Tide Roll.....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i'd also say nil to none, but you never know. the bigger issue is probably the AD, oliver luck, who's brilliant idea it was to get us in the BIG 12. many things have been done right under his tenure, but he's had a fair share of questionable things as well.
Had you asked be beforehand if Lane Kiffin would ever be coaching the Tide, I'd've said you were crazy. Nothing's too crazy to happen...

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Based on what?

In the past 3 seasons WV has given up 348 points, 495 points and 400 points, mostly against less than quality competition.

What makes you think they are going to be competitive with the most talented team in CFB coached by the best HC in CFB?

Forget the QB situation, our power running game will grind them down and it shouldn't take that long.

BTW, our QB situation will be just fine, we are more talented at the position now than we've been under Coach Saban so far. Same for the RB and receiver corps.

Do you really think we're gonna struggle in this game?

:conf2:
Maybe we can forget the QB situation as relates to the power run game. But we sure can't forget the OL situation that is a total mystery right now. I sat in the Dome last year expecting 40+ points to be put on Va Tech and we all know how that played out.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just take care of the football.

Alabama: 38
WVU: 7

I think our defense will be primed to shut them down. I think they score late against our subs. I think we run the ball well, play action off that, and I think that means a big day for someone like OJ Howard.

Roll Tide

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Maybe we can forget the QB situation as relates to the power run game. But we sure can't forget the OL situation that is a total mystery right now. I sat in the Dome last year expecting 40+ points to be put on Va Tech and we all know how that played out.
Va tech has always had a defense, some years better than others, but always stout; WV has never, in recent history (going as far back as RR) ever had much of a defense. They sure didn't have one last year and it's asking a lot to turn one 180 degrees in less than a year, especially with the weapons Bama has on offense. This IMO will not be VT 2.0

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
WV hasn't shown they have any kind of defense

They held OU last season in Norman to 16 points. I think that proves they are capable despite their otherwise abysmal record last yr.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Apparently some of y'all are putting a lot of stock into our QB play in the A-Day game.

Forget that. That was a practice and it was against maybe the best D our O will face this season, also it was with only a small portion of the playbook going against a D that had spent all spring working against those plays.

That won't be the case against WV and our QBs have since had a complete fall practice to improve in every facet of their games.

In Holgosen's 3 years at WV, 38 games they have given up an average of 33 points. Ihave no doubt that we'll exceed that total even if we didn't throw a single pass. (which we will of course)

You'd also be assuming that our defense would struggle against them too, which is highly unlikely. WV has not seen a defense like what's coming their way August 30.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.