It's that time again. Pick The Score: West Virginia vs. Alabama

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'd say it will be a repeat of the AJ intro vs. Penn St. Whoever is QB isn't going to be JFF slinging it all over the field. WVU plays in the Playstation Fball Def. Conference so I'd think we will be seeing a LOT of the running game. The staff will likely play it safe and let Sims and Coker work there way into the season. No sense in shattering their confidence in game 1. I think that will keep the score down somewhat because WV does have an awful defense.

35-13 sounds about right

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'm lousy at predicting scores, but 35 -13 sounds about right to me. I'm no expert at all, but it just doesn't sound like a 3-3-5 D is a very good match up against a team with a heavier offensive line, a very talented tight end or two, and some smash mouth running backs. I'd think those 3 LBs are going to need to play pretty close to the line of scrimmage....

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
If they use a 3-3-5 mostly I see a field day with our RB's and no need to worry just yet on the QB situation. However, if they find a way to make us have to throw fairly long....who knows. I am NOT concern with our "D" our front 7 is really good. Soooooo Bama 31 WVA 13

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm lousy at predicting scores, but 35 -13 sounds about right to me. I'm no expert at all, but it just doesn't sound like a 3-3-5 D is a very good match up against a team with a heavier offensive line, a very talented tight end or two, and some smash mouth running backs. I'd think those 3 LBs are going to need to play pretty close to the line of scrimmage....

And that could equal some really long runs....

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
They'll have to put 8 men in the box against our run game. Considering that two of them are LB/S hybrids, there should be some real mismatches. Once a RB clears the initial mess at the LOS it could be a huge gain.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
They'll have to put 8 men in the box against our run game. Considering that two of them are LB/S hybrids, there should be some real mismatches. Once a RB clears the initial mess at the LOS it could be a huge gain.
Henry won't need but two blocks. Of the other nine, seven can't catch him, and the two that can won't be big enough to tackle him.

Of course, that will be true of any team on the schedule.

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al
Bama 34

W VA 14

I also predict we will get a td from special teams, Christian Jones returns punt for td. Also see Landon Collins with a pick six! Offense struggles a bit with new qb but the tide still roles!!

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I foresee WVU getting a fluke big play for a TD in the first half. Otherwise, they are shut down in the first half. We score on our first 5 possessions to go up 31-7 at half. Second half, nothing big happens. Our second team scores a TD and so does theirs. Final score, 38-14.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I've got a feeling that we're going to see marked improvement in our Offensive Line over last year, both to start the season and as the season goes along. Our offense should be an absolute nightmare for West Virginia's defensive scheme and personnel, with even just decent Offensive Line play. I think both Sims and Coker will play quite well overall, putting up good numbers with a few mistakes sprinkled in, while we, as fans, will be left wondering whether we have two good options as Quarterback for what looks to be an impressive Offense or West Virginia's defense was just that bad. The defense will be outstanding with a few mistakes from younger players here and there, especially in the secondary and late in the game as we're getting more and more backups into the game for a few [somewhat] meaningful snaps.

Final Score: Bama 48 - WVU 6

-- unless the Mountaineers get a garbage TD late to make it 48 - 13.

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA
It may not be the same as your rivalry with *U, but most Hokies absolutely despise the 'eers. I don't care what the score is as long as you beat the hell out of 'em! Good luck and Roll Tide!

The Kig

May 1, 2014
I think Mrs Dana will definitely try some "trickeration" to get them on the board and may actually find a way to score twice on some broken play. However, I don't see them being able to sustain drives and may have more scores than first downs.

This means that their Defense will be on the field a LONG time... this game is gonna get ugly. West Vagina was a terrible team last year with an awful defense (gave up an avg 33/gm), which won't change this year. When this game was scheduled it looked like they were starting to become a legitimate team... reality has set in.

Bama needs to get the bad taste of two losses out of their mouths and sometimes beating up on an FBS team (well, they should be) is just the thing to do it. I don't think we learn that much about how the rest of the season will go, but the score will be:

Bama- 59
W. Vag- 17

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.