Early Lines for Week 1 Games of Interest

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Feels great to be back at this again. Welcome back to football season.

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only. ENJOY!

• The decent South Carolina Gamecocks open as a 10.5 point favorite over the visiting Texas A&M Aggie
  • The Ole Miss Black Akbar Bears open as 10 point favorites over the Boise St. Broncos
  • Vandy opened as 17 point favorites over Temple (number has since shrunk to 14
  • Jim McElwain's Colorado St. team opened as 13.5 point underdogs, but that number has since gone to 3
  • Penn St. opened as a 1 pt favorite over UCF but not UCF is a 1 point favorite. Will more than likely be a Pick Em
  • THE Ohio St. Buckeyes opened as 19 point favorites over Navy but that number is now 13.5
  • Virginia opened as a 21.5 underdog to UCLA
  • Michigan invited Appalachian St. back for a season opener. They're 35 point favorites. Could lightning strike in the same place twice?
  • Troy & UAB - Pick 'em
  • The Alabama Crimson Tide, whose dynasty is allegedly about to come to an end, opens as a 27 point favorite vs. the Mountaineers of West Virginia
  • Auburn is a 21 point favorite over Arkansas
  • Georgia is a 9 point favorite over Clemson
  • Florida is favored by 35 over Idaho
  • Mississippi St. favored by 30 over Southern Miss
  • Florida St. opens its defense of its national title as 17 point favorites over Oklahoma St.
  • LSU is favored by 4.5 vs. Wisconsin
  • Tennessee is favored by 7 over Utah St
  • No lines (yet?) for Kentucky/UT-Martin or Mizzou/South Dakota St.

ENJOY!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i think clemson pulls the upset.
tOSU struggled with Navy the last time they met I am tempted to pick that one
The Barn will win but I don't think they cover.
Sorry but 27 is way too much. I hope I am wrong though.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Have always liked Colorado State in that game, But they were a 3 point favorite last year and lost 27-41. That is probably why Colorado opened as a 13.5 favorite. I see no other reason for the drop to 3. It was just that the line was incorrectly inflated from the start.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Barn wins and they cover -- Arky is horrid and the barn will score quickly 42-10

We win, but we don't cover -- Much like VT without as many ST/Def TD's. we still win comfortably by 17-24

Utah St. looks like a winner; Tennessee has little to no experience in front 7 of D against a team that runs the ball well and no returning starter on the OL. They make the conference look bad in a very close game (flip of the coin on who wins).

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I don't see Auburn winning that big. They are always sluggish in the first game and Arky will slow it down enough to cover.
I seemed to recall reading an article about how their defensive coordinator is upset with how they were practicing and how slowly they were coming along due to a slew of 'injuries'. If that is true, aubies might be in for another one of those rough seasons. Which is fine by me :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.