Slight majority of 18-24 yr olds think all kids should get a trophy

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
A participation trophy is a meaningless waste and here is the thing - it's only for the bruised ego of the parents. The kids don't care and they always know who won, and which team was better.

You cannot avoid the real life issue of winning and losing; winners and losers. And parents who force participation trophies on their children are losers.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Nothing detrimental or undesirable about a participation trophy. Most kids are savvy enough to understand it is only for their hard work and dedication. In that way they are often smarter than adults.
My son in his first Karate tournament last year only placed in two events. The rest he received a "participation" medal. When we got in the car and was congratulating him on his winnings he made it clear that he only received two trophies. The other "stuff" doesn't count. So yeah, they know.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The baseball league my son grew up in did not give out trophies just for playing. But every team we were on (and I assume other teams did as well) threw an end of the year party where we all had to put in money and everybody got a trophy. I thought it was nice at first, but it got ridiculous after a while. Plus it was just a waste of money. The league did award him a trophy for making All Stars every year.

The trophies now clutter up his playroom. He does have wrestling medals he earned for placement (not just for showing up) hanging on his wall.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.