Depth Chart Released

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Well I hope Robinson is the full time starter rather than having Ivory work his way back.
It likely depends on the opponent, as stated in Coach Saban's comments. If we are facing a power running team like Arkansas or LSU, A'Shawn will not be starting at NT. But, he is a great fit in the middle for a more pass-oriented fast paced offense.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Allen, Robinson, and Pettway on the D-Line tells me we are finally actually trying to get away from 'just holding the line of scrimmage' to allow the LB's to make play. That is a Disruptive D-Line that should work WITH the LB's in MAULING the opposing O-Line to get INTO the backfield and CRACK the QB or RB's before the plays can even get started. That will help our DB's immensely as well.

The LB's 1st and 2nd string are ridiculously talented. On paper it's looks like the Best 2-Deep Corp of LB's in the entire country.

If those guys can really really gel it won't matter who the starting QB is because our defense has 2011 potential.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks....it is almost time and I can't wait to see all this new talent on the field.

I hope we get to rotate through a lot of these guys in the second half due to being up so much.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If Cyrus no longer looks like a WR trying to play DB, then that will be a big improvement over last year.

And maybe I am remembering this incorrectly, but didn't Robinson play some at NT last year? I guess I wasn't as surprised by that move as others, since I thought he played there some last season.

If Cyrus no longer looks like a WR trying to play DB, then that will be a big improvement over last year.

And maybe I am remembering this incorrectly, but didn't Robinson play some at NT last year? I guess I wasn't as surprised by that move as others, since I thought he played there some last season.
From what I remember he did.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Allen, Robinson, and Pettway on the D-Line tells me we are finally actually trying to get away from 'just holding the line of scrimmage' to allow the LB's to make play. That is a Disruptive D-Line that should work WITH the LB's in MAULING the opposing O-Line to get INTO the backfield and CRACK the QB or RB's before the plays can even get started. That will help our DB's immensely as well.

The LB's 1st and 2nd string are ridiculously talented. On paper it's looks like the Best 2-Deep Corp of LB's in the entire country.

If those guys can really really gel it won't matter who the starting QB is because our defense has 2011 potential.
I am not a coach but I think this is the best possible use of our talent...cant wait to see some games these guys play with opponents OL.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
From what I remember he did.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
He did but I don't remember how much. Plus, I'm not sure how much he was utilized at NT against spread and up tempo teams.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This caught my attention:
WR (X)
9 Amari Cooper
13 ArDarius Stewart
80 Raheem Falkins/7 Cam Sims
WR (Z)
2 DeAndrew White
8 Robert Foster
WR (H)
22 Christion Jones
1 Chris Black

That may not mean anything, because I expect all to get some playing time. I would thought Falkins would be taking Norwood's spot.
I hear ya, 81.

I've been mystified as to how we seem to be hearing most every WR's name except for Falkins...

Those with more inside info than myself have been suggesting that he might simply be buried on the depth chart.

Hard to know what's goin' on...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Haven't heard much about Dee Liner in practice/scrimmage reports, but looks he's in the thick of things. I also like A'Shawn at nose. Big enough to plug and athletic enough to cause some backfield havoc. It's going to a be fun year I think. If we can reach our full potential on defense, and with our stable at RB, it may not much matter who the QB is. O-line coming together is critical as always.
I've been wondering that myself, K.

A much ballyhooed signing, and then so little in the way of "noise" lately...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I love Robinson at NG. That adds a lot of athleticism in the middle that we lacked last year. Kinda surprised to see Reed slip behind Hand. I know, they're sharing second string. But the first person listed is probably the first person off the bench.

How many true frosh do we have in the 2 deep on OL?
A few services had Hand as the top prospect in the nation, and most had him rated as the top D-lineman. It's not a good idea to get busted for DUI when you've got a guy like Hand chompin at the bit to take your place.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
For those who can't see the link:
DEFENSE
DE
93 Jonathan Allen/54 Dalvin Tomlinson
52 Dee Liner
NG
86 A'Shawn Robinson
95 Darren Lake/99 Brandon Ivory
69 Joshua Frazier
DE
57 D.J. Pettway
9 Da'Shawn Hand/90 Jarran Reed
SAM
30 Denzel Devall
25 Dillon Lee
32 Rashaan Evans/34 Christian Miller
MIKE
33 Trey DePriest/10 Reuben Foster
11 Shaun Dion Hamilton
WILL
18 Reggie Ragland/10 Reuben Foster
35 Walker Jones
JACK
47 Xzavier Dickson
7 Ryan Anderson
CB
3 Bradley Sylve
21 Maurice Smith/29 Marlon Humphrey
CB
5 Cyrus Jones
2 Tony Brown/4 Eddie Jackson
SS
26 Landon Collins
20 Jarrick Williams
6 Laurence "Hootie" Jones
FS
27 Nick Perry/24 Geno Smith
23 Jabriel Washington
Star
20 Jarrick Williams/24 Geno Smith
21 Maurice Smith
OFFENSE
LT
72 Cam Robinson
76 Dominick Jackson
LG
77 Arie Kouandjio
71 Ross Pierschbacher
C
70 Ryan Kelly
75 Bradley Bozeman/67 Josh Casher
RG
50 Alphonse Taylor
72 Leon Brown
RT
79 Austin Shepherd
64 Grant Hill
TE
84 Brian Vogler/88 O.J. Howard
94 Dakota Ball
83 Ty Flournoy-Smith
85 Malcolm Faciane
FB
45 Jalston Fowler
46 Michael Nysewander/41 Kurt Freitag/47 Corey McCarron
QB
6 Blake Sims/14 Jake Coker
11 Alec Morris
18 Cooper Bateman
12 David Cornwell
RB
4 T.J. Yeldon
27 Derrick Henry
17 Kenyan Drake
20 Tyren Jones/28 Altee Tenpenny
WR (X)
9 Amari Cooper
13 ArDarius Stewart
80 Raheem Falkins/7 Cam Sims
WR (Z)
2 DeAndrew White
8 Robert Foster
WR (H)
22 Christion Jones
1 Chris Black
SPECIAL TEAMS
PK/KO
99 Adam Griffith
15 JK Scott
HOLD
18 Cooper Bateman
11 Alec Morris
P
15 JK Scott
11 Alec Morris
SN
55 Cole Mazza
50 M.K. Taylor/46 Michael Nysewander
PR
22 Christion Jones
5 Cyrus Jones
KOR
22 Christion Jones and 2 DeAndrew White
5 Cyrus Jones and 26 Landon Collins
The defense is beyond anything I've ever seen at Bama talent wise.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It likely depends on the opponent, as stated in Coach Saban's comments. If we are facing a power running team like Arkansas or LSU, A'Shawn will not be starting at NT. But, he is a great fit in the middle for a more pass-oriented fast paced offense.
I did see a comment from Saban saying he is happy that we are more athletic up front. I guess this is one of the changes for that. I hope A'shawn doesn't play the entire season at nose.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I did see a comment from Saban saying he is happy that we are more athletic up front. I guess this is one of the changes for that. I hope A'shawn doesn't play the entire season at nose.
Glad to see this. He basically had no choice but to make a change or get left behind. Teams are forcing defenses to play in space and stretching field to the max. The over sized big boys up front that used to just "hold the line" have all but become outdated now. You've got to have penetrating DL'men to disrupt the timing of these HUNH offenses.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.