Where Do Y'all Think The Water On Earth Came From????

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I found this very interesting:

And according to The Guardian, Jacobsen said that this trapped, hidden water may explain why Earth's oceans have stayed the same size for billions of years.
"If [the stored water] wasn't there, it would be on the surface of the Earth, and mountaintops would be the only land poking out," he said.
When juxtaposed with this:

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened...
And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered
Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
Every ancient culture had a "flood myth". Many speak of not only rain but also the waters that came from the fountains of the great deep - from beneath (surface of) the earth. It's a common thread across multiple continents. I think it's interesting anyway.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was watching a documentary on YouTube that was linked on FaceBook earlier today, about how the Earth was created & it was talking about asteroids or comets bringing the water on the Earth right now with them..Where do y'all think our water came from, I just don't see asteroids bringing that sheer amount of water, that's on the Earth right now, I do think they helped trigger reactions that formed into the water we have today..I've always thought it was caused by asteroids & comets hitting the Earth, causing some sort of chemical reaction in the atmosphere, and those reactions caused the "Mother Of All Thunderstorms" for thousands of years or millions of years..That helped cooled the Earth & formed our oceans..If that makes any sense at all..I think asteroids & comets were the reason, but, I don't think they all had water on them when they hit though..
I don't know. Four billion years is a long time. It has been that long since Auburn won an honest national championship in football.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Genesis Chapter 1
I'm not trying to spark a debate about religion, or whether you are right or wrong. But you can't explain scientific processes with religion, just the same as you can't explain religion with science. The two negate each other. Science is based on observations of the physical world that can be calculated and used to make predictions based on the observations, religion is based on faith and unobservable experiences. The two have absolutely no buisness being discussed together.

personally I feel perhaps the way we invision 'God' is more important than the question 'Did God create the universe'. When you consider 'God', in every sense of the word, is everything that surrounds you, He is the air you breath, the tree's you see, the universe we see through our telescopes, and He is alive in the people and creatures that surrond you. Than the idea that God created the universe becomes much easier to digest, especially in terms of the Big Bang theory. (Not the show)

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That's a lot more believable to me than comets bringing all of our water that way..Seems to me the water from a comet would disappear from the heat of the explosion when it enters our atmosphere & from the collision with the earth..
i don't think the water would disappear, it would become water vapor

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm not trying to spark a debate about religion, or whether you are right or wrong. But you can't explain scientific processes with religion, just the same as you can't explain religion with science. The two negate each other. Science is based on observations of the physical world that can be calculated and used to make predictions based on the observations, religion is based on faith and unobservable experiences. The two have absolutely no buisness being discussed together.
(Not the show)
In 1865 - if someone told a story of a magical flying carriage -- a woman would climb out of this magical flying carriage --- with elevated shoes - purple skin - black and white multicolored hair - wearing a leather vest and no shirt underneath -- talking to a small box that played music, had moving pictures of other people on it -- all while a group of men, wearing strange suits, with dark glasses -- wait around a metal carriage with dark windows and large black round wheels -- and one of these strange men push a button and the doors of the carriage magically open.....

My goodness, this woman must be a Goddess.....

And that's only 150 years ago --

When you are talking thousands of years ago -- can you imagine how "godlike" people would seem today -- to people 2000 years ago? Heck, seebell :; would even look "godlike" -- as long as he had a flashlight, a Sony Walkman, and an ice machine......

My point is -- is that Religion makes a lot more sense when you scientifically search for answers to the questions that Religion poses? On the flip side, Religion has always been a wonderful gap filler for things that science cannot yet explain.....

I love having both of them in the same conversation -- because (to me) they help explain the other....

Last edited:

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
I wasn't meaning it as a science vs religion response. I was just answering the original question of where I know the water came from.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
RTR91,
I probably shouldn't respond, but I will. I do know about degrees. I have a couple. I probably should have stated that sentence in a different (more precise) way. Sentence in question: "And He didn't need a University Degree in Chemistry". I should have said a degree from a college or university in Chemistry. or I should not have capitalized university. or I could have specified the degree or degrees.

P.S. I would have been more precise in constructing that sentence if I had known it would be critiqued. I actually thought the sentence with God in it would be critiqued instead.
Chillax. I was messing around.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In 1865 - if someone told a story of a magical flying carriage -- a woman would climb out of this magical flying carriage --- with elevated shoes - purple skin - black and white multicolored hair - wearing a leather vest and no shirt underneath -- talking to a small box that played music, had moving pictures of other people on it -- all while a group of men, wearing strange suits, with dark glasses -- wait around a metal carriage with dark windows and large black round wheels -- and one of these strange men push a button and the doors of the carriage magically open.....

And that's only 150 years ago --

When you are talking thousands of years ago -- can you imagine how "godlike" people would seem today -- to people 2000 years ago? Heck, seebell :; would even look "godlike" -- as long as he had a flashlight, a Sony Walkman, and an ice machine......

My point is -- is that Religion makes a lot more sense when you scientifically search for answers to the questions that Religion poses? On the flip side, Religion has always been a wonderful gap filler for things that science cannot yet explain.....

I love having both of them in the same conversation -- because (to me) they help explain the other....

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

In 1865 she would be a Goddess.

Today she would be a hooker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.