Where Do Y'all Think The Water On Earth Came From????

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was watching a documentary on YouTube that was linked on FaceBook earlier today, about how the Earth was created & it was talking about asteroids or comets bringing the water on the Earth right now with them..Where do y'all think our water came from, I just don't see asteroids bringing that sheer amount of water, that's on the Earth right now, I do think they helped trigger reactions that formed into the water we have today..I've always thought it was caused by asteroids & comets hitting the Earth, causing some sort of chemical reaction in the atmosphere, and those reactions caused the "Mother Of All Thunderstorms" for thousands of years or millions of years..That helped cooled the Earth & formed our oceans..If that makes any sense at all..I think asteroids & comets were the reason, but, I don't think they all had water on them when they hit though..

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The water on earth probably came at the formation of the planet.

All of our sun's planets have different conditions.

Mercury is too hot to support liquid water, and too small and close to the sun to support a stable atmosphere. It's constantly losing and replenishing atmosphere from solar winds.

Venus is about the same size of earth, and has a dense atmosphere. It may have once had an atmosphere similar to Earth's, with plenty of surface water, but the greenhouse effect caused it all to evaporate. Even so, the upper atmosphere of Venus, however, is still very similar to Earth's, being 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen, and nowhere near as hot as the surface. It might even be possible to colonize in orbit around Venus

Mars is too small and cold to support liquid water. It does have permanent polar ice caps though.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Europa has 2-3 times more the volume of water than Earth. Where did that water come from? Some Exoplanets being discovered by the Kepler space probe are being found to be entirely composed of water, planets as big as Jupiter, composed of nothing but water. Where did it come from?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...rwater-ocean-trapped-beneath-earths-crust.htm

Scientists have discovered evidence of a vast water reservoir trapped hundreds of miles beneath the surface, capable of filling Earth's oceans three times over.
Located 400 miles (660 km) beneath Earth's crust, this body of water is locked up in a blue mineral called ringwoodite that lies in the transition zone of hot rock between Earth's surface and core. Interestingly, this water is not in a form familiar to us - it's neither liquid, ice nor vapor. Geophysicist Steve Jacobsen from Northwestern University suggests it means that water on Earth may get pushed to the surface from below, contradicting previous beliefs that water was delivered via icy comets.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
A lot of chemical reactions produce water.
Any acid-base reaction produces a salt and a water.
Hydrochloric acid (HCl) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH) produce ordinary salt water (NaCL + H2O)

Acids and bases are naturally occurring. Oxidation of minerals produces acids. Venus' atmosphere contains sulfuric acid created through photochemical reactions on sulfur dioxide. On Earth, sulfuric acid is created through oxidation of sulfide ores like iron pyrite (FeS2)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
A lot of chemical reactions produce water.
Any acid-base reaction produces a salt and a water.
Hydrochloric acid (HCl) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH) produce ordinary salt water (NaCL + H2O)

Acids and bases are naturally occurring. Oxidation of minerals produces acids. Venus' atmosphere contains sulfuric acid created through photochemical reactions on sulfur dioxide. On Earth, sulfuric acid is created through oxidation of sulfide ores like iron pyrite (FeS2)
Don't you guys think that the God who created the Universe knows about all these chemical reactions? And He didn't need a University Degree in Chemistry.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Don't you guys think that the God who created the Universe knows about all these chemical reactions? And He didn't need a University Degree in Chemistry.
When I graduated college in 2013, a "University Degree" didn't exist. Is that something from years ago?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You know like a Masters' Degree from a University like the University of Alabama.!?.
Yeah, we called those Masters Degree. Those come after Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science, which come after Associates Degree. Masters Degrees come before Doctorates.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yeah, we called those Masters Degree. Those come after Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science, which come after Associates Degree. Masters Degrees come before Doctorates.
RTR91,
I probably shouldn't respond, but I will. I do know about degrees. I have a couple. I probably should have stated that sentence in a different (more precise) way. Sentence in question: "And He didn't need a University Degree in Chemistry". I should have said a degree from a college or university in Chemistry. or I should not have capitalized university. or I could have specified the degree or degrees.

P.S. I would have been more precise in constructing that sentence if I had known it would be critiqued. I actually thought the sentence with God in it would be critiqued instead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.