Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Exclaim Previews 2014: Auburn Tigers

Auburn exceeded expectations like no other team in 2013, and now the question is whether the Tigers can be effective when they're not playing the underdog role. Despite recent injuries on the offensive line, this is a dangerous offensive team that has the potential to show more balance in 2014. But a defense that is still struggling to attain effectiveness could be Auburn's undoing.

Read More...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Previews 2014: Auburn Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Auburn exceeded expectations like no other team in 2013, and now the question is whether the Tigers can be effective when they're not playing the underdog role. Despite recent injuries on the offensive line, this is a dangerous offensive team that has the potential to show more balance in 2014. But a defense that is still struggling to attain effectiveness could be Auburn's undoing.

Read More...
    Solid description. Will say this: If AU can throw for two scores against us this year, we're in for a game.

BamaNation First Team

They have a murderer's row of a schedule. Bama and UGA are going to be furious at the way those games ended, and they have to deal with them one after the other. There defense better be much improved or things are going to get ugly for them this year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigjue24 View Post
    They have a murderer's row of a schedule. Bama and UGA are going to be furious at the way those games ended, and they have to deal with them one after the other. There defense better be much improved or things are going to get ugly for them this year.
    Looks like the defense took a step back.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

BamaNation Third Team

Carl Lawson had ACL surgery in May and unless he makes a unheard of recovery will probably be out for the year. Have not heard of an injury to Adams.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I'm with Herbstreit on this one and I think their schedule and the fact that they won't be sneaking up on anyone this season is going to be tough for them to repeat what they did last season. Now that we've somewhat ended the streak of national titles (not saying we won't start another one) we're actually starting to get complimented for our accomplishments.

I've watched College Football Live and SEC Now and when discussing Fla St and Auburn they always use us an example of how hard it is. Yesterday Herby was talking bout how hard it was to repeat success like Auburn had last season. He then said "look at Alabama" and went on to say (and I'll paraphrase) when you're on top people are gunning for you EVERY Saturday and you get everybody's best every time out. Which makes what Alabama did even more amazing. They win in it 2009 then proceed to remain on top to win two more and those two were back to back. What we accomplished was simply amazing and will be looked back upon as truly one of the greats runs in college football history.

I'm just not sure Auburn or Fla State are equipped to make that type of run. I think Auburn loses at least two this season.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by gymcoach View Post
    Carl Lawson had ACL surgery in May and unless he makes a unheard of recovery will probably be out for the year. Have not heard of an injury to Adams.
    I had them backwards on my sheet. Fixed.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    What we are accomplishing is simply amazing and will be looked back upon as truly one of the greats runs in college football history.
    FIFY

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Hey Jess, I noticed this in the article, "With rule changes now allowing the defense to pause the game for substitutions" - what rule change are you referencing?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Another spot-on analysis. I think AU could win as few as 7 games or win as many as 10.
    Bama 877-315-44 72.7% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Hey Jess, I noticed this in the article, "With rule changes now allowing the defense to pause the game for substitutions" - what rule change are you referencing?
    I would like to know, too.

Really excellent preview. Thanks Jess.