JessN: Previews 2014: Auburn Tigers

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Auburn exceeded expectations like no other team in 2013, and now the question is whether the Tigers can be effective when they're not playing the underdog role. Despite recent injuries on the offensive line, this is a dangerous offensive team that has the potential to show more balance in 2014. But a defense that is still struggling to attain effectiveness could be Auburn's undoing.

Read More...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Auburn exceeded expectations like no other team in 2013, and now the question is whether the Tigers can be effective when they're not playing the underdog role. Despite recent injuries on the offensive line, this is a dangerous offensive team that has the potential to show more balance in 2014. But a defense that is still struggling to attain effectiveness could be Auburn's undoing.

Read More...
Solid description. Will say this: If AU can throw for two scores against us this year, we're in for a game.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
They have a murderer's row of a schedule. Bama and UGA are going to be furious at the way those games ended, and they have to deal with them one after the other. There defense better be much improved or things are going to get ugly for them this year.

They have a murderer's row of a schedule. Bama and UGA are going to be furious at the way those games ended, and they have to deal with them one after the other. There defense better be much improved or things are going to get ugly for them this year.
Looks like the defense took a step back.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
Carl Lawson had ACL surgery in May and unless he makes a unheard of recovery will probably be out for the year. Have not heard of an injury to Adams.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm with Herbstreit on this one and I think their schedule and the fact that they won't be sneaking up on anyone this season is going to be tough for them to repeat what they did last season. Now that we've somewhat ended the streak of national titles (not saying we won't start another one) we're actually starting to get complimented for our accomplishments.

I've watched College Football Live and SEC Now and when discussing Fla St and Auburn they always use us an example of how hard it is. Yesterday Herby was talking bout how hard it was to repeat success like Auburn had last season. He then said "look at Alabama" and went on to say (and I'll paraphrase) when you're on top people are gunning for you EVERY Saturday and you get everybody's best every time out. Which makes what Alabama did even more amazing. They win in it 2009 then proceed to remain on top to win two more and those two were back to back. What we accomplished was simply amazing and will be looked back upon as truly one of the greats runs in college football history.

I'm just not sure Auburn or Fla State are equipped to make that type of run. I think Auburn loses at least two this season.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Carl Lawson had ACL surgery in May and unless he makes a unheard of recovery will probably be out for the year. Have not heard of an injury to Adams.
I had them backwards on my sheet. Fixed.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hey Jess, I noticed this in the article, "With rule changes now allowing the defense to pause the game for substitutions" - what rule change are you referencing?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.