Sleeper teams anyone?

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Its a game a play with my few of my friends... Suggest a team that you think can have a “Championship" year that is NOT ranked in the presason top 25. It cannot be another SEC team.

You want actually win anything if you get the lucky guess lol. But I am curious to see what my fellow Bama fans think.

I'll go a head and through out my pick... Minnesota Golden Gophers!

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
That's tough - the odds any team outside the top 25 makes the playoff is pretty slim.
Florida, I guess.

If we're going with teams not expected to be there, I'd go Clemson.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
That's tough - the odds any team outside the top 25 makes the playoff is pretty slim.
Florida, I guess.

If we're going with teams not expected to be there, I'd go Clemson.
Its meant to be tough, thats what makes it fun. Good pick with Clemson. But I dont see them getting through FSU

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think they [Clemson] beat FSU which is why I'm calling them.
Umm, I'm pretty sure Clemson is ranked in the Top 25. :)

Strange days we're living in.

I'll go with Virginia Tech.
Stole my answer! :)

Since Va Tech is already taken, I'm going to go with Michigan. If Ohio State falls on their face - which is a real possibility, given their lofty expectations and Braxton Miller's injury - and loses three or four games, two of those would most likely be against Michigan and Michigan State. The Wolverines only have three ranked teams on their schedule and losing the first one, to Notre Dame, wouldn't affect their Big Ten standings. All they would need to do (besides win the games they should win) would be to come up with a win in their in-state rivalry game - after getting pistol-whipped by the Spartans last year, making revenge a factor - and then beat an Ohio State team with [hypothetically] nothing to play for in order to face the Badgers or Cornhuskers in the Big Ten Championship Game. Win that game and, with a 12-1 record, they're all but guaranteed a spot in the playoff.

It's not very likely, granted, but we are working within the confines of an unranked team making the playoff, so I'm thinking "not very likely" is relatively pretty good. :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I can't see an unranked team having a championship season, but it's possible.
I'll go with Duke. I don't see them getting worse under Cutcliffe and they were really good last year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Michigan.....2 game season - @Michigan State, @Ohio State --

With Miller going down, that makes that game a bit easier....
And Mich State is a rivalry - and that's always a coin toss....
I think they beat Notre Dame and their Defense will be very good in the Big 10.....

AND the Press loves them some Meechegan....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.