How bad will Bama miss #83

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Let's see, how many times, before a play was run, did I pray that Bama would throw the ball to Norwood? How about, like EVERYTIME Bama needed a big play to retain possession.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Amari will be healthy (hopefully) and OJ should be ready for a bigger role, so not much. Plus Chris Black will get more touches. We'll be better overall at receiver than we were last. As for the guy who threw to #83--we might miss him.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Let's see, how many times, before a play was run, did I pray that Bama would throw the ball to Norwood? How about, like EVERYTIME Bama needed a big play to retain possession.

He will be missed. He could have helped our new QB get settled. No matter how talented a receiver is..it will be hard to find a guy as clutch as Norwood. You knew that if the ball was coming his way...he would catch it and be inbounds.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We'll miss Kevin, and I'm his biggest fan--BUT, we're probably deeper at wide receiver than we've ever been and they all are capable of making big plays, so we'll be ok "post Kevin".
I just wish his dad gum foot would get well. Seattle's counting on him! sip

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
In Saban's tenure, we've weathered the loss of 14 first-round picks in the NFL draft, 21 All-Americans, Heisman-winning Mark Ingram, and countless other huge players. And we've continued to play at a championship level.
I love Norwood, but we'll move on.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
In Saban's tenure, we've weathered the loss of 14 first-round picks in the NFL draft, 21 All-Americans, Heisman-winning Mark Ingram, and countless other huge players. And we've continued to play at a championship level.
I love Norwood, but we'll move on.
Can you imagine if they all had stayed four years?? My goodness.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Pressure will bust a pipe....that's the old saying...but the pressure never seemed to get to Norwood, no moment too big....that's what set him apart from the rest of the receivers....sure we have talent in place currently but do we have the composure that Norwood displayed?

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We'll miss Kevin, and I'm his biggest fan--BUT, we're probably deeper at wide receiver than we've ever been and they all are capable of making big plays, so we'll be ok "post Kevin".
I just wish his dad gum foot would get well. Seattle's counting on him! sip
You and I agree on KN -- what's going on in Seattle lately? Is his foot getting close to well?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No doubt there will be times we'll say "Captain Norwood would've made that play". But SIP is right. I expect our new offense to grant many opportunities to a broad group of recievers. Cooper will most likely be the standout but Howard will be a "GO TO" guy as well. Primarily due to talent but also due to the suporting cast.

RTR!!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree with Sip, we are so deep for the first time ever with big time playmakers I think we wont miss as much as we would any other year.

Amari is one of the best around period
O.J. is a TE who can out run SEC caliber DB's (ala LSU last year)
Black is a major threat in the slot
White is as solid as they come
Ardarius seems like he'll be getting P.T. this year due to his actions in practice

It goes on and on. I like this years lineup if the QB can produce.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I will miss him greatly, although I agree there are many talented receivers on the roster so shouldn't be any breach in performance.

Norwood had an uncanny ability to leap into the air and make those impossible catches. And AJ made sure the ball was right where it needed to be. What great memories we will always have - can't wait for his health to return at Seattle.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.