Question re: Gussie Busch at Linebacker

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Gussie Busch from St Louis, MO is on our roster as a LB. Can't help wondering if he is related to the Busch family that began/has run Annheuser Busch, based in St Louis.

I think I recall that August Busch - shortened to Gussie- has been a family name for several generations.

Any insight from the more informed?

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Could be a case of corporate espionage - Bud really needs a new process for that horse, er, that stuff they call beer.

But if young Gussie ever carries the ball for 'Bama, will Eli Gold intone that "Busssssch runs as smooth as his name?"

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I believe this is the kid's father.

Spent three years living across the street from Grant's Farm, the family's south St. Louis estate. It was filled with all kinds of exotic animals and had a veritable German castle as a home. Tours daily during the summer. Antelopes and gazelles for the kids. Free beer for the parents. Popular spot.

The school, a very exclusive one, is in the same part of the burbs where the above Busch lived. Nickname: The Rebels.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Grew up in STL and with a name like Gussie Busch. I have no doubt he is related. FWIW, as CrimsonEyeShade mentioned, Grants Farm is a neat spot! Can't beat free beer!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.